1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX250/250R Racing Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 15, 2010.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

That's a trip to the Applebee's for you and a lucky lady...just sayin'.

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

The 710 claims it brings all the boys to the yard.

V5 Racer and baconologist like this.
  3. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

baconologist, I'm confused on the plugs for the older ecu. I bought a 92. I have a 6plug with 4 pins and a 4 plug with 4 pins. The diagram on the link only shows 7 wires??? Thanks.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

No idea.
    I ran across that link and just remembered it was a possible option. It isn't FSS legal, and Sportisi was still open when I built mine.

I can post your question on Ninjette if you like.

5. lance89

Sure. I googled the ecu # and only thing that came up was for zzr250. So I'm wondering if it's from a European model some how?? Thanks

6. vance

vance *

I have more if you need it, full wiring diagram etc. Haven't done it yet but did receive my gen1 cdi yesterday from ebay. $35
    Edit: I'm in South FL, so it is legal in Thunderbike

Attached Files:

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

32F 26R

8. lance89

Ok, I think I figured it out. I know I'm a little slow but I eventually catch up. Lol. Thanks Lance

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Makin' it to NJ on it?:Poke::D

10. lance89

I wish, I won't be ready until VIR.

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Lance, I have a programmable ECU from BRT. It's in great shape and comes with the programmer and all the instructions. I just plugged it in to my bike to make sure it works. I was just about to put it in the classifieds. If you want it, I'll hold off posting it. $150.00 shipped.

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just wanted to set the tone for '17... snorkle.JPG

Phl218 likes this.
  13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Travis, did you dump the Grom for a Ninjette?

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I did.
    It's probably gonna take a few weekends to harness all that extra HP but I'll take it slow.

V5 Racer and Shenanigans like this.
  15. vance

vance *

Can both the intake and exhaust valves be lapped? I'm reading that some valves are case hardened and should not be lapped. Cannot seem to find the info on the 250 valves.

16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

not under the FSS rules

17. vance

vance *

I'm in South FL, they mangled the 250 class down here. It's now a 300SB class. I blew a head gasket, and this will be my first ever gasket replacement, so I figure while I'm in there, I will clean up the valve seats. Lots of reading, but I cannot find info on the material of the valves.

On a side note, I've been told I have a "stuck intake valve" on my EX500 so I'm into the same process for that bike and found that the exhaust valves can be lapped, but the intake valves are case hardened and you should not lap an old (used) case hardened valve, as it will quickly wear through the hardening.

18. lance89

Can a super stock 250 ninja go 2 hours on 1 tank of gas or do you need to refuel? Thanks Lance

19. caferace

caferace No.

Doubtful, unless you're on the highway. :D

-jim

20. sowega

sowega #710

We did the first 2-hour 250 endurance at Jennings on one tank, but just barely.

t11ravis likes this.