1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-Sadowski Team Labelle CBR900RR Formula USA ...V7?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Jan 1, 2018.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

This is Dave Sadowski’s 1997 Championship Formula USA superbike. Built by the ace Honda mechanic Mike Velesco for Team Labelle this machine is a amazing winning combination of parts and backyard mechanics. The motor is a Velesco tuned 2mm over 945cc big bore. A very lumpy set of cams, Carillo Titanium rods, a super light weight balanced crank and undercut tranny balance off the motor. Velesco chopped off the rotor/generator right off the end of the crank. Because of such little crank weight it spins up almost like a 2 stroke. This is one of the only big bore 4 strokes i have ever ridden that actually has a power band. It is not linear...oh no ...it is down right violent. The head is beautifully ported and a set of 41mm Kehien down draft flat slide carbs feeds the fuel while all encased in a carbon fiber pressurized sealed airbox. Fresh ram air is fed through to NACA air ducts that go right through the tank into the airbag. Part RC45,part NSR500 style. Very trick stuff for the period. This was the beginning of the real big horsepower wars. On the Dyno Jet 250 it makes a wild 173 rwhp with a severe power spike right in the middle of the rev range. It actually jumps 77 hp from 8k rpms to 11rpms. A Stack tach is coupled to a HRC ECU and a one off wiring harness built by Velesco. Lurid power slides....absolutely! Dave Sadowski who I have become great friends with over the years always likes to refer to this bike as his 1000cc 2 stroke. The body work is a very cool mix of custom tank (as described) Honda RC45 upper/lower fairing and a 8hr Suzuka HRC tail section. On the suspension side of things we have a massive 46mm Ohlins GP spec front fork held up by a massive magnesium 4 pinch bolt adjustable billet triple clamp. This triple clamp was one of many one off magnesium items produced by Bruce Labelle. Out back team owner Bruce Labelle attempted to solve the problem of the swingarm flex in his own way. He took a 60lbs block of magnesium and after over 80hrs on the milling machine he carved from billet a swingarm that was 20 times stronger and weighed only 9 lbs. Thats about 51lbs of wasted magnesium. Legend has it that it cost him over $10k at the time to fabricate this one off piece of art. High end GP spec Brembo Billet calipers clamp down on 320mm Galpher cast iron superbike rotors. The bike rolls on 17in magnesium Marchasini wheels shod with Dunlop Ntech slicks. The bike weighs in at 370lbs with 2 gallons of fuel. It loves to rip wheelies coming out of the corner at full lean. My good friend Brett Metzger destroyed the competition at Louden in the late 90's on this monster. It was unstoppable then and now is just waiting to find a big balled stud to show it who is boss! Are you the boss?

Engine: 945cc Superbike
    Chassis: Honda CBR900RR Braced/Labelle Custom swingarm
    Electronics: HRC Kit
    Special Modifications: HONDA RC45
    Price (USD): $20000......SALE PRICE $10,000..YES $10,000!!!!!
    Mileage: 0
    Stock # 43
    Type: Race

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dyle and flyingpig70 like this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Quit it you bastard :Putter:

3. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

God what a Beautiful Motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. boccarp

this is a a deal....$10k!!!!!

5. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I forget, what are you supposed to do when you get an erection lasting longer than 3 hours?

6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Great bike for WERA V8!
    BEAUTIFUL machine!

7. boccarp

completely fresh motor...

8. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Pure artwork

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I raced against one of the Labelle 900rr's in V7 HW for a while. It was an awesome bike.

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Beautiful bike, but the only bike I would get for V7 is you Erion Racing one

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Call your doctor.

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Will he lend me the 10k for the cure?

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You're supposed to post stuff like this BEFORE Christmas so guys can buy their kids less stuff.

TX Joose and flyingpig70 like this.
  14. boccarp

I'm taking that bad boy to the grave with me...but I must admit the label bike is a tad bit more nasty.

.[​IMG]

flyingpig70 and VFR#52 like this.
  15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

This one is what dreams are made of for me. You sir have great taste on what to keep.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Damn Pete! This is one bad MOFO!

Can't believe you're going to part with it. As Stickboy mentioned, a former WERA V7 racer had the sister bike to this and raced it for some years.

Eboz...did you tell Doug ???

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

i almost bought Dougs 900! Doug sold it

18. boccarp

price reduced....$9,999.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I asked my wife if I could spend 10K for another bike, she said no. Something about paying off the house so we can retire.... blah, blah , blah, I stopped listening after no. I wonder If I can ask again now, with the price drop?

20. boccarp

I never ask for permission....I just ask for forgiveness...and boy am I doing that a lot!