1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything Race Vans

Discussion in 'Other' started by Tim Dobbertin, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Re: "high miles"... here's a couple excerpts from this thread: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8140&highlight=highest+mileage

"Sold My 2003 with 506K and sold my 2006 with 499K. I now have a 2008 with 113k, I guess I will keep it till 500K."

"I had an '05 T1N that one of my drivers crashed last year with 501K miles on it, very few problems with it. I have another '04 T1N with about 220K miles, very few problems. I have two '08 NCV3s with 280-290K miles on them - nothing but problems. "

"One of my highest odometer Sprinter buddies has just passed 653,000 with all the original drive train components in place. His highest expense was the alloy wheels he purchased just last year and misc used spare parts he has purchased on EBay and never used. Last year I posted after a conversation with a business owner whose auto parts distribution network consisted of 54 Sprinters, average odometer mileage at the time was 480,000. He was pleased with the performance of his fleet."

2. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

Thats pretty cool. Keep me updated after GNF....

And to whoever PM'd you trying to be sneaky, show yourself!

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

We (TTRNO) used a 2012 144"WB Sprinter van as a shop truck/hauler for the past 8 years that has been really good. The 3.0 V6 diesel has been generally reliable, but having the only local MB dealer that will service it @ 60miles away is a pain in the ass. It fits 3 bikes (full size) well, but doesn't leave room to sleep in with that configuration.

I feel like if you're in this for the long haul, you'd be nuts to not buy a well used Transit instead given the servicability/cost difference. Getting a gas ford is also an advantage in my eyes vs a modern diesel.

Tim Dobbertin likes this.
  4. Tim Dobbertin

Yup MB tax lol. I just want a reliable vehicle that will get me to and from the track reliably. I wont drive it daily. It will most likely sit in the winter.

5. Tristan

Well...I wasn't really anywhere close to ready to sell, but thanks to this thread I have a deposit on it :D

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Really slick setup, Tristan!

7. Tim Dobbertin

LOL someone just came in and swooped it. What a guy. Thanks anonymous dude!

I'm sure I'll see ya around :)

8. Tristan

no doubt, unless he paints it white like the other 99.5% of them.

9. Tim Dobbertin

So do I get like a finders fee? Without my thread, your van wouldn't be sold. :beer:

10. Tristan

Magic 8Ball says "unlikely"

Tim Dobbertin likes this.
  11. Filippo

Filippo Member

Here I am!

12. Tim Dobbertin

You SOB! :moon: LOL