1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evel Knievel Pics

Discussion in 'General' started by wera122, Aug 16, 2000.

1. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

LOL [​IMG]

2. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

thats cool 37's wow!!!!!
    I new I was problly good for at lest 40's on my bike with a little more practice with gp shift.but 37 wow!!!!!!! what kind of times was ted running. congrats on the seconds
    I will be at tall hopefully mixing it up you
    and jeff and kris, but funds are very low!
    if I don't race I will be there cheering you guys on
    later
    Ricky

P.S. good job with the endurance
    looking foward to doing it again.

3. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

No, not too good to be with you guys...its just the Southeast has too many rounds and Roebling is one helluva hike for me. I don't think I will ever be able to race as much as I have this year so I choose the region/series with the most diverstiy (tracks). It just happens that living in Nashville puts me pretty central to the National Series. Texas was way out of the way and I was married on that weekend anyway. Other than that as for the novice classes the riders are tougher in the individual regions. Look at my results and you can see as I went through each region I would get beat by their fast guys in each one. Home tracks kill me. Thank goodness ther was not a round at Roebling or I would have had my ass handed to me on some sort of royal platter. There was only four or five (600 and 750 novices) of us that made them all (sans Texas). Chad, Sammy, C.R., and I were about the only ones. I was lucky that those guys left me alone in 750 Super.

..and you are right. Sammy is too humble for how fast he is! He is done until the GNF.

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Sounds tempting but I'll be busy playing pitbitch in my garage getting the heap back together for Roebling. If the forks make it in this week I should be driving to GMD this weekend to pick it up. Then the re-assembly will begin. Right now it's just frame, motor and wheels.

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hey Tom, I work 15 minutes GMD. You want me to pick it up for you. I could bring it to Talladega for ya. You don't think dragging it behind my truck would hurt it. [​IMG]

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

You can pick it up all you want but it won't be rideable as the gas tank, bodywork and box o'parts is in my garage. Not to mention the fact that it needs a radiator and I just shipped my leathers out to be repaired.

I think the better route to take is to enter Stickboy's 10-speed in the races. I seemed to do better on that bike last time out. [​IMG]

7. Tracee Polcin

10 speed is that all, my mountain bike has 24 speeds. Just think how fast you could go on that.

8. Zanyeights

Don't quote me but I think Ted was turning high 34's...I took a few on him in one of the 600 races and he was turning low 35's but he wicks it up a little more by the end of the day.

Richard (Hood) took a nasty tumble and it was thought that he might have a broken collar bone. Richard is a great guy and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Ryan

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

I had no business even being out there on a 10-speed given the amount of blood in my alcohol and my banged up knee. [​IMG]

But since I knew I could sleep in and wasn't racing the next day, I figured what the hell.

10. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

Hey Ryan, glad to hear VIR went so well for you. Look forward to the challenge at Talladega. If you want to win the regional, then you'd have to win and Jeff would have to finish 3rd. I guess I might could mix things up a little for some cash or something. Anyway, I have to beat Jeff to get the S.E. points back so looks like alot will be riding on that race. Good luck to you!

11. Tracee Polcin

Not Dick, I hope he is OK. We went thru race school together many moons ago. Get well Dick.

12. Zanyeights

Ole Dick is great guy and mighty tough. I am sure he will be back soon enough.

Yeah I know Kris. I have yet to beat Jeff by one place much less two!!

But I am coming with guns a blazin. I am running the solo 20 on Saturday and I put my Muzzy pipe back on, re-jetted and changed gearing tonight. I have been running the stock pipe for production. With the reverse schedule and very few points in the regional Production race I am going the Superbike/F1 route. Jeff is so damn tough at Talladega!

With the second at VIR I clinched the National Superbike so the F1 would just be gravy but I sure would like it.

The gauntlet has been thrown!!! lol

13. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Speaking of that 10 speed, did you crash that one too? I saw the tie wrapped head lamp was broken. Oh, never mind. I think I remember you doing that right after you did your sloppy drunk dancing bit.

I could be persuaded not to post Brenda's pictures of the episode for a small fee. Tom with a beer in one hand, hobbling around with two ice packs bandaged to his knee, singing and churning butter. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]