1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evel Knievel Pics

Discussion in 'General' started by wera122, Aug 16, 2000.

1. wera122

wera122 Guest

If anyone got any video or pictures of my death defying leap at Roebling, please e-mail me.

Once I realized I was going head first into the fence I blacked out. I was rudely awaken by the scalding hot water of the puking radiator running up my neck.

That's right, UP my neck. My head was pinned upside down under the bike and the water ran up into my hairline. OUCH! Don't worry, I got medical attention right away. They're only first degree burns and the doc says they should be healed and gone in about 10 days.

Good thing that fence was there to break my fall or I could have been hurt! [​IMG]

2. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

3. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

turn 5 the begining of the left hander

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Next round I'm skipping turn 5. I'm going to dive into that little access road in turn 4 and take the shortcut back to the pits and the front straight. That should knock a good 20 seconds off my lap times! ROTFLMAO! [​IMG]

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Seems like a plan to me, but you might not make up anytime by the 10MPH speed limit in the pits. [​IMG]

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

Oh yeah, I forgot how strictly they enforce that.

7. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

hey tom, i heard dunlop makes a tire just for you, it's the d752. check at your dealership next time you're in there. [​IMG] get well soon buddy. maybe diesel would have poured one of those good beers on your head if he knew you'd gotten burned. rob.

8. wera122

wera122 Guest

I never was any good at jumps, that's why I went roadracing. The paramedics asked me about the scar on my left knee and when I told them it was from a dirtbike jumping crash, they just shook their heads and said "you'll never learn, will ya?" [​IMG]

Diesel's beers are too good to waste over my head, but I sure wouldn't mind pouring one into my mouth. Maybe next time.

The neck is healing nicely. Lots of dead skin peeling off, exposing that tender, pink, virgin skin underneath. OUCH! [​IMG]

9. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Talladega (08/26) or Roebling (08/16)? Let me know where you'll be and I promise to bring some serious brew.

10. wera122

wera122 Guest

You mean Roebling 9/16. I'll be there. Same place, same pit. The bike and leathers won't be ready in time for Talladega.

You bring the brew, I'll bring the grill. No turds please! [​IMG]

11. cb500

don't forget me [​IMG]

12. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

If I can find some Chimay it's all yours!

BTW - how was VIR?

13. cb500

vir is very techincal. you have to go there
    the place is great the track is unbelieveable
    buff was there he was flying you should have went. its 5 and 1/2 hour drive.the endurance was great all the guys I was with did an awesome job. I also changed to gp shift while
    I was there.
    later

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

It's about damn time! Now we can run some endurance races. Count me in for all the 2-hours next season.

What class did you guys run and what place did you finish?

15. cb500

hey tom we ran good. we were running 4th in our class and 14 over all and then with 6 minutes left they black flaged the bike because of leaking oil. one of the fittings on the oil cooler rubbed a hole from the belly pan so we didnt finished but we ended up 5th in our class and 17th over all. we all did good ,there were 31 starters. it was fun

16. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Hey Ricky.

Great job this weekend. I finally made it home around 4:00 this morning. The family is glad to be home after 2 1/2 weeks on the road. Left for Summit the Thursday prior and stayed gonge to VIR. Sunday went pretty good for me. I started the production race running 1:39's and was down to 1:37's in the Super race and took another second to Ted. That's four seconds in a row!! What a pain. I wish I could have run that well on Joe's bike. All in all a great weekend. Competition was tough and there was a lot of fast guys there. Garafalo and Reeser from the the Mid-Atlantic region were running fast and of course Chad and Ted were running strong. See you at the GNF.

Ryan

17. wera122

wera122 Guest

Good job Ricky! Congrats! It wasn't your bike that was leaking, was it?

Hey Ryan, glad to hear you're still alive. Missed you at Roebling and was wondering where you were. Will you be there in Sept?

18. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Tom,

Nope. I have only been running the National stuff and a couple of Mid-central races. I am going to Talladega next week to give Jeff and Kris a run for their money in Formula 1...I am only 4 points behind Jeff in the Mid-Central region. Other than that I think I am only running the GNF. It looks like five classes at the Finals and if all goes well I will be running the endurance as well.

Glad your okay after your tumble at Roebling. The bike that was leaking was Joe's not Ricky's.

19. wera122

wera122 Guest

Oh, so you're one of those "National Only" guys too good to slum with us regional scum, eh? [​IMG] Tell Sammy Sliger I said Hi next time you see him. And tell him he's fast and needs to admit it!

I'm sure I'll see you at the GNF. I'm running 2 classes and possibly the endurance as well.

I'm glad I survived my tumble too. Once the bike and leathers are fixed and the pain is gone, I'll be ready to go again, but that won't be until after Talladega. Good luck in the Nationals!

20. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Too bad you won't be riding Tom. But you can always come to Talladega to be my "pitbitch". [​IMG]