1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESS rules going to be like Moto America?

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by HFD1Motorsports, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Just raced this weekend. Racing again in February. And March. And April. And so on.

Just trying to raise awareness about the disparity in grid sizes between WERA and other orgs. Would genuinely love to see WERA get some larger little bike grids.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would too but some things I just can't back off of sorry.

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the dialogue, Sean! I have an Ohlins damper off of a ZX-6R that I will make fit. Will make an Auto Club round with you guys soon.

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

And just letting you know so you can pass along to others who make the excuse that it's too expensive when really it's just that they're cheap and/or lazy.

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Also the Shindy Daytona damper is $150. Linear is the way to go imo.

6. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

thanks Sean for looking into it. I use the ebay gsxr dampers on everything...cheap and work great the whole setup is under 50 bucks. you can change the oil out too.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not sure it's lazy as much as so many new riders just don't have any idea how to work on their own stuff. It's weird to me as I never had a choice myself.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem and they'll probably get closer anyway since I'm seriously looking at slippers for all SS classes and the like. Hope to have time to get the rules done before I head to Cali next week.

9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Yeah, I suppose that I was a bit harsh in saying that. I think it was similar for me because there was hardly any bolt-on anything when I started racing back in the day. You just had to figure it out and make it work if you wanted to be on the track. Dang, I hate calling myself old school!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I catch myself saying/thinking harsh things like that all the time :D

11. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

How about allowing aftermarket pistons for the 300 to equalize displacement between the 300 and r3, cheaper than a slipper for the r3 :p umm, for safety...

On a more serious note, is the Ninja 400 going into DSS or change of ESS rules? Looks like WSS is putting them against the R3 and such but Moto America isn't...unless they change their rules again. They did that on the 636 a few times before the first season started.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DSS for 2018 until I get a feel for them.