1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN should just change their name to SJW

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by DrA5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Whether it was an ESPN reporter or ESPN management, wasn't this whole idiotic decision made by ESPN?

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

If it took this event to confirm ESPN bias it must be the first time you ever watched the channel.

Its sucks, I get it, but it is their channel. Its not a public utility. They can have any bias they and their shareholders wish.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If you are correct management should be fired instantly. They are bleeding viewers at a high rate while doubling down on calling their customers names. Their focus on things other than sports is just getting stupid now. Oh and they are not unique. I turned off a pre-season game when the announcers were gossiping over crap for 5 minutes WHILE the game was going. Not a single comment about play in an entire set of downs.

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I am betting that around 98% of the people couldn't name the broadcasters they watched for their last two college games, especially non-tier 1 announcing teams. If it's not Brent Musberger, I have no idea who they are. I don't think Lee would have been the distraction they thought.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thought?

6. DrA5

Meaning had he gone on and announced the original game, it would not have been the huge issue and had a ton of fallout they thought with his name being close.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

He would have done so except for that damn confederate uniform that he was wearing when he showed up at the game. ESPN was seriously triggered at that.

:D

sheepofblue and DrA5 like this.
  8. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I think he was implying that it is funny you believed they "thought" about any of it instead of reacting on pure emotion.

badmoon692008 and DrA5 like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Give this very astute man a seeegar.

DrA5 likes this.
  10. DrA5

:D:D

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What I heard a few months ago was that the CEO of Disney wants to run for president and is using ESPN to solidify a voting base.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds kinda Mickey Mouse to me...try the veal.

E Reed and dtalbott like this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Oh really? If that's true, it would explain my theory that I've been quiet about because there was no way to prove it...until now!

I don't think ESPN was worried about backlash at all because as DrA5 said, no one would even notice. This is something completely different. Right away it smelled like virtue signaling. It sure as hell looked like a big attention grab, and if what you are saying is true then it all makes sense.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

18-53yr old white males ...hmmm

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Having seen Idiocracy he has a chance. Unless Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho runs.

DrA5 and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Is that the current group who watch ESPN?

17. DrA5

Only those in the age range wearing man buns, and yeah, that is about it.

ESPN used to be about sports. Now, the televise poker, gaming, and cornhole.

Funkm05 likes this.
  18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

They don't even do that anymore. Its TMZ Sports edition, followed by Who Can Yell The Loudest, followed by Around The Horn.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

20. DrA5

My radio sports guy mocks them all the time with their shows "Volume Over Facts" and "My Opinion Must Be Right, Look How Loudly I Am Yelling".