1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN should just change their name to SJW

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by DrA5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

ESPN, the network that will fire anyone that does not think in lock step with the unhinged left, decided last night to trot out Beth Mowins, and sideline reporter Sergio Dipp, for the Broncos/Chargers prime time game.

Now, if they would just say those two got the jobs only because one is a woman and one is Hispanic, it would be fine. I have a very hard time thinking they surpassed others on the ESPN announcing bench based solely on their merit and on their presentation, because frankly, neither did a good job. Sergio's was so bad, people thought he had special needs or it was a Make A Wish gift. I get it, English is his second language, and yes, if I had to announce in Spanish at the sidelines of a Mexican soccer game, I would have done the same or much worse. But then again, I am not being paid by ESPN/SJW to do so. Mowins delivery was so stilted....they both sounded like they were student announcers doing a DIII college lacrosse game.

The fact they trotted Dipp out there, when just last month, the demoted an Asian American named Robert Lee, is telling about where their mind is. They do not care about sports. They only care about forwarding their own misguided social agenda. They really think the unhinged left is so inept and stupid that they could not differentiate between a Confederate General who has been dead for 150 years from an Asian American announcer. They didn't want Lee to end up as a meme, but yet, here we have Sergio Dipp.

And you are all paying $8 a month for that garbage if you have cable or satellite and get anything above a standard basic package. That is what they give you in return. A running tap of SJW lunacy.

Gixxerguy855 and E Reed like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They didn't demote Robert Lee. He asked to be moved from one game to another due to the issues about the statues. HE asked, they didn't tell him to...

Granted that makes him a goof but hey, it's his call.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Nah, it's the unhinged left.

Did you guys hear about Rush Limbaugh's latest?... :crackup:

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

1. It was later reported that Robert removed himself from the game so as not to attract more controversy, could be BS spin, but I believe he has confimed that as well.
    2. Agree with everything else you said, and then we have to deal with articles daily about why ESPN is losing subscribers and they cant figure out why.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mowins and Dipp...sounds like a house brand chaw.

auminer and Fonda Dix like this.
  7. DrA5

Did someone tell Kid Rock's black son his Dad is a white supremacist?

8. DrA5

Lee may have "removed" himself, but knowing the MO of ESPN/SJW, it would be very likely that they had to have some pressure on him. They would not just let that slide based on what the left was demanding at the time around that game. In addition, he probably thought if he ever wanted to sit in front of an ESPN mic again.......so, situations align, but ESPN does not come out looking like a winner here regardless.

9. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

You guys find more stuff to bitch about than the "unhinged" left.

Fucking cry babies. Stop bitching

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...we aren't even close.

BHP41 likes this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You bitch more about bitching than any bitch I ever met. What do you get from it?

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

ESPN is owned by ABC Disney. They are doing what the stockholders think is in the best interest of making their wallets fat. Working hard to not get tarred and feathered by the Left is a good way to help keep the money flowing. Unfortunately, they can go overboard in that regard as there still needs to be a certain minimum standard of quality for the folks in front of the camera. I can't comment on how good / bad the announcing was because the kick-off time for that game was around the time we go to bed. No way even my die hard Broncos fan wife was staying up that late. Maybe it was "Prime Time" on the West Coast, but not in the Eastern time zone.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Warm fuzzies for thinking he is morally superior.

BHP41 likes this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I guess that is almost as good as adding something of substance to a discussion, a feat I'm not sure he has yet achieved.

BHP41 likes this.
  15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

This pretty much covers it. :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It sounds like you're prepared to bend this story any necessary way to make it match your pre-established conclusions. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

The damn Dungeon bitches about the smallest things.

Yes, im bitching about the bitchers because they are bitching like bitches.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

This whole thing is pretty bitchin'!

19. DrA5

One thing I think most mature adults with common sense can agree upon, it's ridiculous to have a guy step aside, be it on his own, or from pressure on above, due to him having the last name of Lee, which is quite popular in Asian countries, just because it's close to a Confederate General, no matter what was going on at the time, in an attempt to possibly appease a certain population that decided that things 150 years ago that did not bother anyone 5 years ago must be torn down now. Going from Point A (similar name) to where it ended up at Point B (not announcing the intended game) in this case, just did not make sense to rational thinkers. Now, whether anyone wants to group me in the "common sense" or "rational thinkers" crowd....well, that is up to you. As Dr. Phil says, "your feelings are your feelings". :D:D

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yea .... he asked LOL Just check with his employer I am sure they can confirm that.