1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN 2 @ 6:00

Discussion in 'General' started by tingle74, Dec 21, 2000.

1. tingle74

tingle74 Well-Known Member

just a reminder so you all don't miss the 1/2 hour coverage [​IMG]

2. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

That should be enough time to cover that HOT new SV race. Those other "support" races will probably have to get skipped though. [​IMG]

3. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

alright, it's time...

4. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

I am at work....who is recording it. I will send you money to cover the tape and shipping of course. Who can send it? Or os there a reply tonight late???

B

5. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

sorry for the bad spelling....got excited that I forgot to record the "BIG SHOW"....you all know what I mean though...is there a replay tonight? or do I have to buy it from someone?

B

6. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Watched it an hour ago. Good show, wish it had more GNF coverage. Congrats to Wrenn...didn't know he did so well in the TLR race.

Speaking of Big Pig Dueces, there is an article in the newest issue of Sport Rider where a New England fella trimmed the TLR down to 388 with a half tank of fuel. That's not bad.

7. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

That bike is a big money item, though. The guy built my previous bike, which was featured in Cycle World's Extreme Shootout in 1999. He's really good with the little details that make the difference between a good machine and a great machine. He rides it every month at our track days.

8. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

I rode the Tul-aris 780 at Willow. It weighed 309 with a full tank. It was over getting run on the dyno this afternoon but I don't have the numbers yet. Rob Tuluie was claiming 150 horsepower. The only bad things were, it had a narrower powerband than my 125 and gained about 50 bhp in 500 rpm, and, the bars shook so bad it felt like the handlebars were four inches in diameter.
    It's a Twin. Would it be legal for Heavyweight Twins?
    JU

9. WERA

WERA Administrator

If he's still running that 2-stroke Polaris motor then nope - unless it's a single (although I thought it was a twin). It would work for Formula 1 though.

10. dave_432

dave_432 Well-Known Member

I taped it and edited out the Suzuki promo crap about how well their AMA teams are doing and all that. I thought they were going to replay it at 3AM but it doesn't look like it. If you don't catch a replay and really want a copy let me know.
    -Dave

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

im mad they didnt show my crash truck and crew. we worked hard to get on tv. we deserve it

12. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

how could i get a copy?!?!? i missed it and want to watch.

by the way, i just got QUIXRACE "The Pivateer" today -- very cool. if you want, i'll trade you a copy for a copy.

-bob

13. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

A twenty minute Suzuki infomercal with 10 min of race highlights... [​IMG]

14. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the Tularis was going to be like to ride. Snowmobiles can deal the narrow powerband...but I was interested to see if he could widen that band to make it usable.

On a different note...its pretty cool having "the insider" posting cool stuff on the BBS!

[​IMG]

15. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Wow, somebody who liked The Privateer! I pit two garages over from Frank Aragaki at Willow and I'm always telling him, "Hey, I saw your video!" They're having a fire sale on them, something like $10 a copy, and lately at Willow they've been using them for prizes just to get rid of them. The thing I didn't like was the absence of a storyline or any unifying narration. They could have used the same videotape, edited it better, put in some narration, and really had something.

JU

16. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

i too was a little disappointed with the format...congrats to lee & tray though...well deserved press.

did you see me man....i was the one in the middle doing the little pop-ups on the start [​IMG]...oh well, just have to do better next year...

17. Wera#124

Wera#124 Well-Known Member

Cool...I was wondering who that was..
    See your famous now [​IMG]

18. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Watch / record the recast Tue 12/26/00 3:00am on ESPN2.

19. wera122

wera122 Guest

NO! Crash truck bad! Nobody wants to see the crash truck. Especially Critter! [​IMG]

20. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

hehe
    Awww too bad, even I got on screen!

(as a little white blur at 4...)