1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Think it in the settlement if i had to speculate.
    What blows me away is that Cmra has spent over 1.5 million to keep his lawsuit out of the courtroom.
    One was dismissed after judge decided that because he was not a member he could not sue club that revoked his membership.
    And as anyone can see the shit show this produced why he settled now.
    He probably felt like no one cared enough to hold the BOD accountable.
    Cause it seems anyone who questions them get the attention they have shown me in these threads.
    Been called all sorts of things that are just not true.
    So anyway im sure this one will see a courtroom.
    Then i will either look like a complete fool as someone said i am or people will know the truth in detail.

Steven

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So, that means he can't go public, but he may have potentially tipped off others that are in good standing who can use said information in the new lawsuit? Had Inge been expelled prior to his suit?

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

If im reading his agreement that Fonda posted i think it says he can share documents in other lawsuits.
    Think thats what was said up page.
    Thats why Cmra wants to squash the deposition of Peyton.
    Im sure if im wrong someone will be here in just a minute to point that out.
    Lol.
    But i can say Peyton will do what he agreed too.
    Guess we wait and see.

Steven

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Okay, that's how I understood it as well. So I guess I do understand why he may have taken the settlement then. That's where I was getting confused. If the case was settled, why is it still being discussed? But it sounds like he knew his angle wasn't going to work and was possibly a half a step ahead of CMRA.

Still think the specific issues should just be blasted to the world at this point.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well Harding is one who filed this lawsuit and he did it in Harris county so im sure this one will see a trial date.
    3.5 yrs Peyton fought to get it to trial.
    But whoever we believe is right this needs to see a trial and everyone throw what they have on table for all to see.
    Thats what i want to see.
    And i wonder how Cmra is going to get an insurance policy for next yrs races after all this?
    Sad that all this could be avoided in 1st place.
    And if the members had stepped up and demanded the BOD open books to stop lawsuits.

Steven

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If that's true someone really has done some shit they want to hide. Nobody spends that kind of money fighting to hide stuff if they're all pure and innocent as some have implied.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

No doubt about it .

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. I didn’t read through all the doc’s, $1.5m? Ok I went from a gut feeling on guilt to making a bold assumption of it. If all they were needing to show is accounting documents that are supposed to be available to club members, they piss away $1.5m trying to keep people from seeing them, how are more people racing with them not screaming about stuff? I have to be missing something here.

busa99, Gorilla George and VFR#52 like this.
  9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

If anyone cares go look at the 2015 through 2017 records they posted on Cmra Board.
    Have a look at Friday practice days and then look at track rental fees on same day.
    Look at TWS rates till track closed.
    Then notice the difference in rates.
    Also look at lost revenue at Last yr of TWS at bottom.
    How can you loose 30+ k on a track you didnt race at?
    Also notice how much at end of yr Friday practice makes for club even when LSTD was doing other half of Friday practice.
    Next is seeing what track rental is when just 2 days rental compared to 3 days rental fee.
    MSRH, and Hallett wont let LSTD put on track days at their tracks.
    TWS i think Cmra has always done their own practice days there.
    Again its all right there in black and white.
    Also if i read right and rider school is 85$ go look at rider school amounts and do some math.
    Been busy but going to put it all on paper when i get time.
    Also will Cmra be able to get insurance for the club after all this?

Steven

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Im sure the biggest reason is the "1.5" was from the insurance company and most people just want to show up and race.

panthercity, CMRA 270 and VFR#52 like this.
  11. I was referring to the statement above they spent 1.5m fighting his issue, no idea what insurance company issue you are talking about. I’ve just confused myself FFS. See what happens when I go over 24 hours without fishing. Every year people bitch about fees wether it be gate, entry, sand from vagina removal, whatever. What my point was if they pissed away $1.5m fighting just this issue to not show documents that should be available to every person Racing id think you’d here a lot more complaining? People just like to bitch in general. Like I bitch about people trying to build an engine for the first time, ya ya solid effort, blah blah. Second or maybe 3rd time sure did work well though :). Sorry Rob, are you going to sue me now? May not be a bad idea as long as the court room has a no cell phone policy, I’ll get some peace and quiet.

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well what are the odds now that 1 lawsuit is settled and insurance company is no longer on hook for legal fees that they will renew the policy?
    And we are not talking 1 insurance policy.
    But 2 policies.
    Not sure if its 2 different companies or not.
    But up North a race club shut down after they couldn't get insurance after a lawsuit settlement.
    Something to keep in mind.
    Again all they had to do was show books and issue a public apology.
    Its on kill all lawyers thread what Peyton was asking for.

Steven

13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

The schedule I found shows they raced TWS once in 2017. (A second event was cancelled by TWS).
    Hallett runs their own track day events.

Not sure what your point is about whether CMRA ran the Friday practice or not. What are they guilty of for not running them?

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok go look at the books they posted from 2015 to 2017.
    Then look at track rental fees for all events at TWS.
    They all different prices and then it shows a 34 loss for 2016 cancelled TWS.
    How does the club loose 34k on a race they didn't have?
    And when track rental ranged from 8k to 24k in last 2 yrs there how can it loose 34k?
    And Look at riders school total for each one.
    On clubs web site its 85 for riders school.
    Look at what is on spread sheet and divide 85 by total.
    My point is there are obvious mistakes on all spreadsheets.
    And thats just TWS that ive looked at.
    So are they mistakes or intentional?
    Cause its simple math and some keep saying its right there for anyone to see.
    Now with no recipes or vouchers to run any of this against its pretty much useless info and the info has basic math mistakes all through it.

Steven

Rising likes this.
  15. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Gotcha.
    To me it seems like, at best, there has been sloppy book keeping. As has been said by several they are going through a lot of trouble if it is just covering up sloppy book keeping.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on how you code things. Those are just print outs from quickbooks so they don't really tell a whole lot. As for a loss at a cancelled event - depends on the cancellation and how you categorize things like credits issued. If they are listed as a negative on the event total then there is a huge chunk of 34k.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

VRF why don't you just let it go? Do you work for a governing institution (e.g. - IRS) or something of the sort ? I can see the tension and stress in your posts. Just eating away at you. What are expecting to get out of this? Money? Personal gratification? Seriously man what is your deal. You remind me of an old coworker who just can't let shit go and burns all his bridges in the process. Now he's a seasoned engineer who can't get a job because people in the industry know his name.

panthercity and worthless like this.
  18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok so lets just say thats true about sloppy book keeping.
    Would anyone not think that after 3 yrs of a lawsuit and now they publish what they call the books. Aka no way to prove these nunbers are real without an audit.
    That they would actually look them over after costing the insurance company 1.5 million that they would make sure it didnt have basic math mistakes all throughout all 3 spreadsheets?
    I mean ive been called ignorant and have no clue about the books at Cmra.
    But i can do basic math.
    I mean the whole lawsuit was about the books and NOT producing then according to the law.
    And this is what they produce?
    Come on i own a business.
    I also know what happens if the figures are wrong with tax implications.
    But they offer no way to verify these figures at all.
    And again why was 1.5 million spent to keep books from members.
    Im going to dig deeper into the rest.
    And i already have copies saved so if they pull them to solve these issues i still have originals.

Steven

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/BO/htm/BO.22.htm#22.355

The law may not apply in this case when you look at the exemptions. If the CMRA isn't going out soliciting funds from outside their membership, 22.353 doesn't apply for example. (Bored at work, curiosity got the better of me.) Digging around to see what 'books' are defined as led me to:

https://cullinanelaw.com/records-in-order/

This lists "Financial Records – A financial statement showing the income and expenditures of the organization for the three most recent fiscal years." They don't specify a detail level, nothing noting receipts/etc. For internal bookkeeping the FAQ suggests "Complete books and records of accounts. This may include a profit/loss statement and a financial statement showing the assets, liabilities, and net worth of the organization at the end of the three most recent fiscal years" which sounds a lot like what was originally offered up?

Also of note:

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/nonprofitfaqs.shtml#NPC8

Only the state AG and IRS as noted as having the authority to investigate a nonprofit...

CMRA 270 likes this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

And also on the 1.5m, if that is in fact what was spent, I assume was a milk job which was part of the whole "bankrupt the club" plan dontcha think?

CMRA 270 likes this.