1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

I'm pretty sure it'll never see the light of day, but no settlement ever does.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I would like to see a forensic audit covering the last 10 years down to the receipt/expense level. I still have questions about cash deposits and expense allocation between personal and club business.

However, I choose to live with those questions because I just dont care enough about the people involved to actually, you know, care.

If anybody did anything wrong they can square it with their God later. Plus, my license is free so its not like its my money being used. Time to move on.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm lost as fuck.

Banditracer likes this.
  4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

The blind leading the blind

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Oh sure it does!

motoracer1100, cajun636 and CMRA 270 like this.
  6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Seems like you're wrong if you are refering to CMRA as a bunch of cockheads. Now, if you're referring to the other members of this cluster fuck, you might have a point.
    How do you "prove" you didn't do something?

CMRA 270 likes this.
  7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread.php?37112-CMRA-s-CPA-Year-End-Financial-Statements

Ok so after looking at this spreadsheet i noticed a few things.
    Go check out 2016 and have a look at friday practice.
    Notice the races that they had friday practice that Cmra put on.
    17k on a few at 150 = 116 riders.
    You can do your own math on them all.
    I will later get a break down on entry gate amount.
    But all along the members have been told they loose money and let the ex president of the club put them.
    Look at how much and how many yrs lone Star track days profited off its members.
    But they claimed he made no money doing friday track days when clearly Cmra made money doing them whenever they out them on.
    So guess im still crazy.
    Now im using the info that club has provided.
    Its all there and i will look into it more later.

Steven

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm sure something is amiss here, but at this point this thread is just serving as a reminder that WERA is awesome. So, unless there are some lawyers about to be dead.....

[​IMG]

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I will leave it at this: Mr. Inge's case came with a lot of baggage that gave the defendants leverage. The most useful of which was how many people disliked him, justified or not. This new case does not have that baggage. That would concern me if I were a defendant.

I am calling BBS foul on you sir. This is not the lawyer killing thread. :)

shakazulu12 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Damnit. Don't they all become one eventually anyway?

panthercity and Fonda Dix like this.
  11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Cheese and rice...in this particular case you show every single freaking line item that details every penny taken in by the club and every single penny spent...that’s showing the books. If there was nothing going on with the money as alleged by certain parties then you’d show this information. If you want to claim that it’s proprietary information, then there’s a way to show that nothing fishy is going on to people without that proprietary information being shared. It really can’t be that difficult of a question to understand. The whole crux of this lawsuit stems from this desire to see a proper accounting of all income and expenditures which was allegedly requested by a member of the club and required to be shown by the bod bylaws. The bod refused to show this information so a lawsuit was filed.

motoracer1100 and VFR#52 like this.
  12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok so been looking at so called books.
    Went to Cmra web page.
    Whats it cost to take riders school?
    Says 85$ so just making sure im correct.
    Feel free to answer that question Allen.

Steven

13. I’d definitely go the route with 1- ready to eat 1-almost ready to eat 1-see pie 1 and 2 frozen. :)

CMRA 270 likes this.
  14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Also anyone have cost of 2016 ftiday practice rate?
    Last one i ever did was 150. For LST track and i know Club rate was same.
    Thanks again Allen for answering these questions for me.

Steven

15. From what I gather and based on lack of info provided or willing to be provided it gives the appearance that this wouldn’t be an issue even with big legal fees if the BOD put all the income and expenses where they are supposed to be. My gut feeling tells me there’s a good 50 a year missing in income and about half of that in extra expenses buried somewhere.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

17. CMRA 270

(I had originally typed "ask for one" but there's no way the club will pay for that to make some feel better.) But yes, time to move on.

I'm not sure how more clear I can be on this; IF YOU ARE A MEMBER, YOU MAY REVIEW ALL BOOKS, RECORDS, RECEIPTS, STATEMENTS, ETC. Summaries are posted for ANYONE to see.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    panthercity likes this.
  18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I do know a few members of the BOD. I have known them for decades and have never known them to cheat. Even on their wives!

CMRA 270 likes this.
  19. CMRA 270

I'll address this from my own point of view and then I'll find something better to do; Friday practice brings a LOT of challenges that the CMRA really wasn't set up to handle. CMRA officials have to be track side earlier (except for one/two, all have regular jobs), finding corner workers, paying corner workers, the added risk of loss for rain events; there IS NOTHING that says the CMRA has to take on Friday practice. NOTHING. I was against it. Self performing Friday practice doesn't make good business in my estimation. There have been some adjustments which have certainly helped, but again, I'm not a fan of the exposure.

Once again, how is a business decision that the CMRA makes based on sound information cause you to twist? If you don't like it, don't race with the CMRA. Race with WERA or CCS. Start your own organization.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Normally id say negative things.
    But here is what pops out to me on these spreadsheets as a glaring contradiction to what the club members have been told last 15yrs.
    The past president of club has ran Friday practice for Club under his own business.
    Now looking at the figures of what is posted on Cmra as last 3 yrs under Friday practice means that they have lied about it making money for the club.
    So why have they constantly said it is not in best interest of club to run Friday practice under Cmra all yr?
    Its a conflict of interest and from looks of it made LSTD money that should have went to club.
    And im not finished looking these spreadsheets.
    Ive found other bad math.
    Also i have a 2004 IRS tax statement of club that states a very low number for gate money collected.
    As Allen keeps saying its right there for all to see.

Steven