1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

300's are ULW. SV's and ULW could work, but yeah, I don't see 600's and 250-300's on the track at the same time. They can be 15-20 second differentiation on a 1.7 mile track.

2. cdill35

cdill35 Well-Known Member

A partnership has to be mutually beneficial. The burden of figuring it out would fall squarely on the shoulders of the club. Wonderbread doesn't need the club that's for sure. I worked closely with him for 5 years and know first hand the shit that was thrown at him and wouldn't fault him one bit for telling the club to get fucked. Maybe let him run a couple of street groups on Friday or something... profit / loss share in Friday's successes and failures... hell I dunno... somebody make a deal for once. The guy has zero issues filling grids, recruiting corner workers and paying his bills. Sure, he's quirky and certainly an acquired taste but we shouldn't let personalities and ego's get in the way of success.

But we ran Hallet and Houston twice annually? In one season, 40% of the track days we ran ourselves. It's all just a bunch of excuses for not wanting to put in the work. I'd be curious to know how much gate, membership, license and entry fees would need to be raised to generate 50-60k for an additional full time staff member to handle some of the stuff that volunteers, understandably, don't want to do. I mean, I wouldn't want to do all that shit for nothing. I'm not afraid to admit that.

That's good to hear that folks are looking into it. Plenty of non profits advertising out there.... Red Cross, Susan Komen Foundation and countless orgs panhandling via USPS

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Nothing is mixable with 250/300's. They deserve and should have their own grid.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be okay with SS Hawks and GS500's and the like being in with them :D

5. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

The GS500 was about 40 hp and 400 pounds. An R3 would run away from it ...

6. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

I remember at least one GS500 in CMRA BBE during the late 1990’s.

The CBR900RR Fireblades must have been at least 60 mph faster ...

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly :D

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wait, so CMRA is suing people? For what? Making defamatory posts on the beeb which has caused them a loss of income? :crackup:

Phanuel, Gorilla George and VFR#52 like this.
  10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

So they want to know what you have on them so they can figure out how to hide it or defend against it??

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

The member who filed lawsuit is the one who sent this to Inge.

Steven

12. CMRA 270

:Pop:

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

So is the the "club" membership i.e. the CMRA that is suing the board members named in the other suit to try and find out what exactly was happening?

I'm so cornfused

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. CMRA 270

It's a legacy member of the club (whom no one seems to know) suing the club on behalf of the club. The document that you see is a subpoena from that legacy member who is suing the CMRA on behalf of the CMRA to the former CMRA member who previously sued the CMRA on behalf of the CMRA. The former CMRA member's case has been brought to a resolution.

panthercity likes this.
  15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

My head hurts.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It's by design.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Sue CMRA for pain and suffering.

Gino230 and CMRA 270 like this.
  18. CMRA 270