1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Ride ?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Speedracer74, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Brian - quit being such a Yankee.

2. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

LMAO! he wanted troy but found out how short he is in the sack!:D

3. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Glad to know that beating Dalke Motorsports is so far out of reach that you're not even considering the possibility!:D :D :D

4. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

LOL! :clap:

5. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Yea, I thought Dalke did one hell of a job against those bigger bikes. And if Dixie hadn't broke so many of those throttle position thing-ma-jigs, they would of had a bunch more top 10 overall finishes also. Need-A-Sponsor was always in the thick of things when they raced. O-gee, MWSS sure was weak this year:rolleyes:

Lizard, you sure do sound jaded. I know you want back into endurance racing!:Poke:

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You'll have to beat Team Chicago too, and to even have a chance, do every race in the series.

good luck

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

They had a few untimley crashes also. Now the bastiges are coming back to LWSB:eek:

8. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Sorry I put Dalke who was class champion as other, it was early this morning and was not fully awake when I posted this morning. Lizard, I never said I was a know it all, if someone objectively looks at our posts it is you who are coming across as the uber guru of endurance racing.
    All your doing is sit back and snip and not give any true help.
    If that is what makes you day, so be it.

As far as buget it is $19,500 for race/practice entry fees, tires, fuel for bikes, oil, brake pads, suspension rebuild for 10 events

$6900 fuel & toll costs for 10 events plus pre season testing.

Then of course there are the bikes, which I have taken care of or rather I am getting mucho support for.

Ask Fast Freddie if I was truthful with the costs, as a ,matter of fact, when we lost one teammate, I absorsed that riders costs as not to change what I originally told Fred. So I am not misleading anyone. Basically if a rider (other then Ben or anyone who thinks they should be paid to ride)wants to ride 10 events it is going to cost $6500 and yes if I pickup a teammate in PA on the way to whatever track and we are using my vehicle and trailer we share travel costs from the point in which i pick him up.
    So you see I am picking up more then my share, as already noted not enough for an established top endurance rider, but I think we can all agree, not everyone can be put in that category.

9. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Well, I was having serious doubts about going again next year. Hmm, might have to freshen up a couple F4i's again! Lizard, I have a seat open! Around $500 per race...

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lonewolf (sorry don't know your actual name), what you are doing is a good way to start and not go broke.
    Down the road you can look at other buisness models to expand and build your team.

Back to the original subject, someone grab Aod Ben (but don't expect me to refer to him as Dalke Ben, Vesrah Ben or VCR Ben).

11. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

whats wrong with VCR? you scared of us with our 101 hp?:wow:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not a thing, it's just you'll have AOD Ben riding for you. The name sticks no matter what team he rides for.

13. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

Am not!! just ask Crozier....:moon:

14. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Lonewolf, Need-a-Sponsor is coming back to MWSS with a new name and look.I suggest that you take out a second morgage and hire yourself a Ben Walters.Cause I'm not going to let up till I have a class win.Like Dixie Mafia, N.A.S had some bad luck and was real close at the begining for the title. But we should be able to over come them and come back stronger.I hope Dixie comes back, along with Dalke to defend there title.If Ben teams up with Dixie it's a race for the rest of us for second in the championship and those are from the odd makers in Vagas.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

as a matter of fact, i believe initial budget expenses became less, per event, as the season progressed.

having the ups and downs, missing half the events and only finishing three of the five we competed in, we still managed a 6th out of 34 teams in mwss. oh, yeah...we also crashed twice at one event. so, really, we only finished two events successfully.

"cherokee challenge 4" finished ahead of us with an avg 8.4 points more per event and attending one more event than we did.
    the other four teams that beat us did all the events...however successfully or not.

i'd say dave and his rookie "lonewolf endurance racing" venture had a successful year.

with, as rumored, dixie mafia out of it, a podium year, in class, in '06 isn't out of the question.

the real endurance challenge?...to beat the guys that are always there by being there yourself and surviving.
    having a ringer wouldn't hurt, either.;)

16. LoneWolfRacing

aaronson... hey we met at Nelson and chatted at the Mize Mobil/Michelin/Bridgestone trailer, good to see you again....
    so to speak.

I am selling the co-op as we speak, guess I will be living on the road this year and growing the budget to stay in front of Need A Sponsor's new incarnation for 2006

:D :Poke:

Hey Fred how is the collarbone healing?

17. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

Hey I have an idea, why don't you guys stop jacking Ben's thread and move your "I know more about endurance rant" to a different thread! Let Ben get some legit responses.

18. LoneWolfRacing

Good point Troy, sorry to Ben for the hijacking of the thread
    :beer:

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So you think someone is actually going to offer Ben a legit deal on the bbs? His first post says it all, and I would be willing to bet, that he has already recieved many offers.Besides, this is the home of threadjacking:Poke:

20. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

I'm trying to picture you in my head and I can't really remember who you are.But hey I should bump into you at Jennings for the season open.
    It just shows how good Ben is and how much of a responce Ben can generate when there's a for sale sign on him.