1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Ride ?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Speedracer74, Oct 24, 2005.

1. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Gee Lizard, chill out a bit. Us little people who are on a shoe string budget would like to think we can still be half way competitive without giving out free rides. I must admit I was a bit shocked at how serious and competitive the series is especially since it suppose to be a "club level" race.

In a perfect world, it would be nice to have the series split into Novice and Expert classes. Hmm, it might even get more people such as myself out to ride and support it! Umm, Mongo!

2. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

i think it is called wera national endurance bro. not your dads club race :beer:

3. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

There is a series already for the novice class in endurance.It's called the Team challenge (FormulaUSA).I was at the ROC and nearly cherry picked the class win.

4. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Well, since this thread has been jacked. I had no idea there was another endurance series. Looks like I need to do some research!

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Not really true endurance.

6. aaronson

SSSSSHHHH I get two points for getting someone to the darkside.Besides that they'll pay double to come back and do WERA again.I nearly wanted to strangle those bastereds over there,damn ClearChannel crap.

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:D

8. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

Yeah it is a chicken sh&t series but you sure were happy when I saw you in the winners circle huh???:beer: :up:

9. aaronson

I was just happy for my buddy,helping him get a poduim finish at Daytona was more than enough for me.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  10. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

yea that was great for sannee.

ccs ran everyone out of that series.

barber was a 45 min. endurance race and daytona was a 14 lap endurance race a year ago

11. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Lizard,
    You may have lots more endurance exp. then I, actually I don't know who you are so who knows. But you should read more carefully, first off I am racing SuperSport not Superbike. Never did I say anything about running neck and neck with AOD, TVR or Red Star. I want to win the MWSS the class, so that would mean beating Bruce and his Dixie Mafia crew ( by the way Bruce is a great guy, who I thanked in an earlier post) and other in class.
    Of course I want to do as well as possible in the overall scheme, but the in class win is the #1 goal.
    As far as budget I will get into that later, have to get to work.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yes it sure was great:clap:
    lets do it again next year:D

jennings 6hour here i come:wow:

13. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

i think we will run all three bikes in the season opener at daytona next year as a shake down run..........................to get ready for the real season with wera :Poke:

14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i might have to do that too:D

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

soooooooooo

did anyone offer ben a ride yet???????

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I heard a "rumor" that was givin to me from a Georgia LEO, something about you,Troy and Ben on pink bikes:eek:

17. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Done...

18. Lizard 1

You can be competitive - at the back end of whatever group you run with. Look, the deal is I am trying to point out that one, just because a team makes it through a first year of this series doesn't make them know it alls. Plus, they aren't racing in one of the two tougher classes (MWSB and HWSB) so, it is more or less entry level racing, but they still aren't going to be able to contend for anything in the overall on a shoestring budget.

It's tough to admit, but at the end of an entire WERA National year, a top overall team is going to spend well over $40k. That is obviously not accounting for freebies from sponsors, etc., but if you're entry level, don't tout you're doing this and doing that after not knowing what truely is needed to compete. Words are always a great tool to garnish support, but at the end of the day, if you have four riders on your team and you want to be a top finisher, you're going to shell out cash...

19. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You heard him wrong.......that is who he wanted to ride..not who he wanted as riders.:D

20. Lizard 1

Look, the top two classes are MWSB and HWSB. Those classes are what I understand. From what I ahve seen, the MWSS class isn't as competitive as it used to be. Maybe I'm wrong, but in the end, if you want to win, expect to shell out big money. Don't sugar coat the costs to riders you are convincing to ride for you. They need to understand they will probably be into the series to win it for about $10k each. Simple as that.

There are a ton of extra expenses that get washed away or absorbed by the team starters, but bikes, parts, spares, crash expenses, travel expenses, food, entries, tires, etc. are going to be huge. Most teams just deny it costs so much, but if they added it all up, it costs a ton. Do you consider costs of oil changes for the truck pulling the trailer? Costs of tires for trailer and truck? Cost of fuel to and from the races? Doing the whole series is going to put miles on your vehicle. That is a cost usually never put into an equation. If you can absorb all that, fine. In the end, though, it is a cost.

Not being a downer here, but you are new still. Admit it. You really don't know what it takes to do a whole season and win and place high in the overall...