1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Ride ?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Speedracer74, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Speedracer74

Speedracer74 Well-Known Member

I haven't agreed on anything yet just trying to see what options are available.

2. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Scott is, in fact, hiring. Due to very recent developments, my primary staffing need at the moment is a skilled employee with functional opposable thumbs.

3. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

:up: cool! I'm a qualified applicant:up:

4. melissa

melissa Sir

It's not about making them keep the secret physically. It's about making them WANT to keep the secret. Or, alternatively, making them very afraid of NOT keeping the secret. :D

5. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

If I tell AOD secrets (I'll make some up) will you come to my house?

THE secret to AOD / NOTB rider success: no underwear. Ever.

I'll see you for dinner. ;)

6. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

No wonder Ben had so many different sets of leathers this year.:Puke:

7. melissa

melissa Sir

I'm bringing the pruning shears. Present thumbs at the door.

8. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

"...I pooosh, and I pooosh....umm...oh dear. Excuse me...I go now."

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  9. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

One sees the AOD policy enforcement agents 'for dinner' in these situations in much the same way as one would see Hannibal Lecter 'for dinner'.

Bon appetit.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mmmmm, roasted thumbs are yummy fall fare.

11. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Again, you being new to endurance, you will find that a guy like Ben is called a ringer of sorts.

Sorry but Lone Wolf Cycles already completed its rookie season and I have been doing my homework, I do not mean to insult Ben with an offer or rather a question. I guess I should remove the rookie season from the bottom. A small oversight, been to busy getting support for the 2006 campaign. I may be fairly new to the endurance game but we'll see who is going to be around for a while :Poke:
    I have watched and listened to some of the stronger teams in the paddock and they understand my seriousness and commitment to put a competent and competitive team on the grid next season.
    Well now I will be off to find that sponsor who will pay Ben's seat :D

12. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

ha now i know why the dark people are so fast...they have no thumbs and can not properly use the brakes. :beer:

all team wizo members please report at once for thumb removal :clap:

13. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Lizard sorry that the quote function did not work, I will now give you due credit for the last post I made (first sentence).
    We are not an entry level team... we were this past season.
    And I know not to offer Chuck, Reuben, Tray...etc, a cost sharing ride on an endurance team. I have been around a bit longer then that.
    The point was that there a good amount of fast or quick riders and most of them have to pay their share of expenses. What i am offering is fair, ok not the right fit for Ben, but someone who is where Ben was a few years ago perhaps.

Or Lizard do you have any suggestions on possible riders?

I have a few in discussion, but until finances are commited, agreements are signed I take nothing as given.

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

AMEN! :D

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

In all seriousness Mr. Walters, in my opinion , is one of the best endurance riders out there. not by sure speed, though he can put the hammer down when need be, but being a very smart rider! he knows how to win endurance races and would be a huge asset to any team looking to put forth a serious effort.

and if a team is serious about a championship, having a ringer like ben ride for free would be a wise choice.

16. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Or Derek.:)

17. paul

paul just fast enough

Yeah....what he said!!!
    Ben won't last long. Somebody gonna snatch him up.
    Good luck Ben. Hope to battle with ya next year.:up:

18. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Trust me, just because you completed a year in endurance doesn't make you a seasoned team. No offense, but your simply not at the level of AOD, Red Star, TVR II, etc. Those teams have seasoned riders who know what it takes to win at that level.

You're stating splitting costs three or four ways - any idea or, have you a cost in your head of what the year will be? I bet you'll be off substantially - IF you intend on racing toe to toe with the likes of teams like Red Star, etc.

By the way, most of the ringers are, in fact, NOT paying to ride on a split the costs equally deal. Some do ride for free and do not pay a dime and others get money to ride with a hope of getting a championship... Much to learn young Jedi.

I mean absolutley no offense, but I have been where you are now. We were pretty well prepared - or so we thought. We had the means and support needed and never once hired a rider to help us against AOD. We were young and I asked a lot of questions. One of the best moments in my career was talking one on one with Sam from AOD on the costs of endurance racing. Back then, it was pretty high. Most teams today do endurance with a commitment of just having fun and getting great seat time. The serious teams will spend almost double of those "Having fun" teams. To commit to a full season and compete to the point of a top three in either of the Superbike classes is going to require much more than you think...

19. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

liz clean out your dam pm's

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mongo, the hat bounty is $35 and a drakes coffee cake. Spread the word. ;)

Hey Ben. :)