1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Race at Pitt Race full course July 2016

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by BEi Racing, Jan 12, 2016.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add my thanks for this event. Got the chance to meet and help out DLNQNT. Was a very well run event by the organizers, riders, and teams. Looking forward to next year!

rugbymook and YZROOSTINYA like this.
  2. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I was right behind you when you decided to make that pass. I wasn't exactly sure what you were thinking honestly but I'm glad everyone was ok. Here is a clip of what I dodged.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was the 951 bike Mulligan Madness (65 on the grid)?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And nice job missing the flipping bike!

5. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

The other guy stayed to the right coming out of the turn, so I thought I was just going to do an inside pass. I guess I wan't passing as fast as I thought I was or maybe I never even got past at all. I knew he might come off faster on the outside so I was aiming to go down the middle coming out to leave room. I had been passed several times in practice the day before there so I thought it might be a good spot. However, I was focused on not running my bike out wide to leave some room to be re-passed, but obviously I wasn't where I thought I was in relation to him. So, trying to learn from my mistake here, where did I contact him exactly? Was he on my right-side and I swept out into him or did we just cross-paths in a more direct manner?

6. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

I was the third rider on this bike. I may be able to answer this but I don't understand the question.

7. SWest122

I didn't see the incident and Mike-guy will obviously have a better answer, but I know he had to come in to fix the left clip-on that was pushed against the tank.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had the team signed up as bike 65. The bike in the video is 951. I don't have a 951 listed anywhere so not sure if it was the Mulligan Madness team. If so an issue might have been that it was the first lap out of the pits so the rider could have seemed slower as he got up to speed which led to the error in judgment on passing. Happens in Endurance racing especially when the teams/riders don't know each other.

fastfreddie likes this.
  9. mike-guy

I saw you apex that kink early and him late. I would imagine he was trying stay off that outside area where it's bumpy. Then you just ran into his side. He was more upright then you and you guys were tire to tire. He just pushed off you as you slid (that was fun to watch) and that was that. It was just a racing incident but I knew what was about to happen as soon as I saw you turn the bike in and not let off the throttle.

10. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Alright. Well, I'm sorry for everyone involved, for having to fix your bike and for having to dodge me and my debris.

11. mike-guy

No worries, most exciting part of my race lol

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That is RC51 I think. Parish and me are two bikes in back ground on that video. Few parts were on the track as we went through.

13. SWest122

951 was Mulligan Madness. I believe the incident was on lap 3.

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Here's some behind the scenes footage from the Steel City Superbike Challenge. Morning pit stop practice and later running out of gas in the first stint of the 4-hour race. I'm scrambling to get ready as Taylor is forced to come in ahead of schedule.

Thanks.

boomer and DucatiBomber like this.
  15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Part two - behind the scenes from the Steel City Superbike Challenge. Aaron, Joe and Taylor talk rear tires. I hand the bike off to Gene and simulate a rear end slide, while Andy and Corey handle fuel. I also determine a remote brake lever adjuster for endurance racing should be added onto the to-do list.

Three GoPro Hero 4's capture the raw action from under the canopy.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Not bad stops except fire bottle person should be over the wall and have long sleaves.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We brought her over the wall in the next stop. Had a couple different explanations on long-sleeves being required or not (it is I realize). But I agree - we should have had her put long sleeves on.

18. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Just giving you a hard time. :DCongrats on the win, it was really cool getting to ride with Taylor Knapp out there. Another pro I can say I rode with (or got in the way of)!

ekraft84 likes this.
  19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Part three/last video from the Steel City Superbike Challenge 4-hour. Thanks to Matt and Corey for running the GoPro's. Here, we do a tire change and later fix some loose parts.

boomer likes this.
  20. boomer

boomer New Member

great job Eddie and crew. good to see you guys again.

ekraft84 likes this.