1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosed Trailer Setup

Discussion in 'General' started by Kyle Brosius, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I finally bought my first enclosed trailer (16x7). This is my first time setting up an enclosed trailer and I am looking for some pointers. I’ll be setting the trailer up with two TRS systems and a workbench in the v-nose with my toolbox mounted to it. I have already installed bedliner on the floor and 23” up on the walls. There is also a dual fuel jug holder on the way. I will also be installing an ear plug dispenser.

I would like to sleep in the trailer and was thinking about a fold down bed and I am going to need air conditioning/heat. What is the easiest way to accomplish that? Any suggestions on the bed?

I’d also like to have some speakers and a sound system but wasn’t sure to go 24v or 110v. I only have a 2000w generator and was not looking to upgrade or buy an additional one.

I’m sure I am missing some essential add ones such as cabinets. How did you guys set yours up and what do you wish you had done differently when setting up your trailer?

Wanted to add I did a quick search and found nothing of substance. If there is already a thread on this please let me know.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Do a search, there's been several long threads with pics about this.

3. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Do you have any links? I did a quick search and could not find anything worth while. Most of what I found was about towing.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Get a Futon.... You can use it as a couch when the trailer is empty and a bed for later... Keep in the back in couch position when traveling with back rest on tails of the bikes... I have done this the last couple years and it has worked well... Saves wall space too.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i like having my tool box outside under the canopy, or in the garge at some tracks.. where the bikes are during race weekend. If you will store it up front, great. but i wouldn't want it mounted there permanently.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Stand holders like those from from Pit Bull (expensive, but worth it) or Pit Posse (much cheaper) are a great way to save floor space. For the Pit Posse the stands swing a bit and mark up the walls. An eyelet or two and bungy cord fix that. The Vortex and copies of the same design head lift front stands don't work so well in either of these options so beware of that.

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Get a roof mounted AC unit with heat....BEST purchase you'll ever make for the trailer!

WANABE RACER and TLR67 like this.
  8. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

What size gennie is needed to run the AC?

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have a 35000 BTU 50 Amp and can run it, Brew a Pot of coffee and have a fan and 2 sets of warmers, lights ect with 2 Yamaha 2000's Pigtailed together...

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

It wouldnt be hard to have 10-15hrs in just a basic trailer setup.
    Converting it to an RV... meh.
    Its a trailer... a box to haul your shit. I would work on my pit setup (canopys, tables, work area, power outlets)
    as thats where you'll spend the majority of your time

TLR67 likes this.
  11. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

I'm in the boat as you. I'm debating on adding the same mods to mine or just buying a toy hauler. I just don't want to lose the space to haul four bikes at once.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

What Greg said. Adding a permanent structure will limit your available space as well as what you can use the trailer for other than hauling a bike. Mine is the same size as yours and I am glad I never mounted the toolbox.

Oh. E track on the walls. BIG help.. Huge.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

8.5 wide makes all the difference in the world....

418 likes this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This was my last trailer, a 16x7. This is the only picture I have and it's a little disheveled, but I honestly wouldn't change much. The storage box in front of the workbench is also a seat that folds flat to make a bed. The idea was I could sleep in there if I decided to not bring the motorhome, but that never happened. I did eventually add an AC as well.

The hangers on the left are cool because they hold your stands on the way, and your TRS when you get there. I had a friend build me those flush folding wheel chocks out of stainless. I could haul two race bikes and my zuma, or three dirt bikes.

I was happy with it because I planned everything based around making it easy to set up and take down the pit. I could load or unload in like 20 minutes which is way underrated.

If I build another one I'm duplicating this.

Kyle Brosius and TurboBlew like this.
  15. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

FWIW, you can actually compromise if you're crafty. I made wall mounts to secure my rolling tool chest to the wall of my trailer. Using Tee nuts, I can remove 4 bolts super fast and roll the entire assembly right out of the trailer. And putting it back in is just putting in those 4 bolts. About 2 minutes.

Kyle Brosius likes this.