1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eligible class

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Thomas350, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Thomas350

Thomas350 New Member

I raced in Wera and Wera Vintage back in the early to mid 90's. Over the course of my Vintage career I would buy truck loads of Cb350's at salvage yards for next to nothing. After it became more work than fun ( trying to keep from being lapped by Rixon Breckon within 5 laps) I stepped away and sold everything motorcycle related. Except a 1973 CB350 with disc brake. Now that I am retired I have been thinking of getting back on the track and was wondering since the '73 disc bike is not legal for V-1. What class can it be used in? Can the Front Brakes just be replaced with a drum ( I did keep a Suzuki GT750 Drum brake with dual cable and lever ( what forks to use?)? And if I used that brake would it put me in a class were I get be smoked by much faster bikes. Not sure I understand what I can do to a GP 350 bike if it is even legal for that class. Sorry for all the questions in one post. Thanks . Tom

2. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Single disc up to 12" is legal for V-1 last time I checked.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, still in the rules. Although we only run V1 at VMD currently.

4. Thomas350

Thomas350 New Member

Ok, thank guys. Not going to build a bike that does not really have a class.