1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical question. Double pole breaker.

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Jan 7, 2020.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

“Garf” (look at me @HPPT :)) ain’t ready

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because that’s not how it works.

Unless your cooktop is 20 years old, everything is controlled through the microprocessor. There are relays, circuit breakers and/or fuses, sensors and switches that all need to play nice or the system doesn’t go.

My suspicion is that you’ve burned out the load side of the cooktop element relay, and it’s getting a neutral through the 120v circuits in the cooktop.

Or gremlins. Fucking gremlins.

G 97 likes this.
  3. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

How many wires are coming from the outside into the j box? The number of wires doesn't really matter, you have to find out where the open is in the 240vac circuit replace the affected part(s)

Edit: what Pickled said
    My bet is a blown circuit card

G 97 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

so one of these being shorted effects all the other ones. Again, I’m surprised that there are no burn marks or anything.
    E153ACDD-902E-44DD-9B5F-26AF1A41C19A.jpeg

5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Try isolating each element, without seeing a schematic I think you can pull the red wire off the left side element, tape it and turn the other burners on, I'd have to see a schematic though to be 100%

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Until you start at step 1, you’re just trying to figure what might cause something you haven’t diagnosed yet.

Find the problem. Then figure out why.

cav115 likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You left out the most important part of that story where did you qualify and where did you finish. Even qualifying for old people like us is a major accomplishment.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh both were way down the order. Think I qualified ahead of five or six and race ahead of ten or twelve because of crashes and dnfs etc. LOL. I did get this pic from a fan sitting on the hill between T-7 and T-8. It was at the end of practice 1 and I knew I made the show with my time so I was pretty happy just goofing off throwing the peace sign to all the fans and this dude got a pic and found me in the paddock. Pretty cool.
    6154DD20-CF03-45EA-9130-77B757BFCBF8.jpeg

JBall likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

What is step 1? :crackup:

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Call an electrician?

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Hey that is pretty good, if you ask me.

Especially your first weekend on the bike and possibly first AMA event

cav115 likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ketel and cranberry. :beer:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I had done about twenty ama by this time. Just first time on 1000. “ Damn thing wheelies all over the place.” My comment first time off the track to my buddies who just looked at me like, well duh. LOL. It took me the better part of a year to not ride it like a 600. Once I learned this it was fun, man oh man. OL

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well son of a bitch. I fixed the problem. :D
    A174239F-10BF-4344-9999-A6476C88E15C.jpeg

Chris, beac83, Boman Forklift and 2 others like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

After Tyler first ran a 1000, he said man these are stupid fast. I don't know why we need to race something this quick. That was his first time riding again, after the accident at Road America in 2013, so it would have been towards the end of 2014. It was a SS 2014 GSXR1000 , and I think it was putting out 165HP on pump gas, I bought it from Dave Anthony. He did get more used to it, but only raced it 2 weekends and fortunately won some Suzuki money, before we quit racing and he went to college.

G 97 likes this.
  16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Did you happen to race there in 06? I went to race there in 06 is why I wonder.

17. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

This ^^^ is Scary... and funny :crackup::D

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, I was there and raced :) I think that was a rain race too. It got moved back to allow for the Superbikes to make their tv time slot iirc.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just confirming that my house didn’t burn down. :D
    3AD76D22-5878-4EA1-81C3-01FEE40FDDB3.jpeg

20. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

It's RA so that is a safe bet. :) If I remember correctly CU qualified on pole for STK because of the rain.