1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical question. Double pole breaker.

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If only @pickled egg would answer anything without trying to be a cute, super wordsmith, funnyboy, many of us could have learned something much quicker.

BTW, I own a few multimeters...LOL. Heck Harbor freight gives a super cheapo away for free all the time. That one is good enough for this trouble shooting.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gee, now it’s my responsibility to give you lessons without giving a friend some glib, smartassed and well-deserved ribbing?

Sorry Rob. I’ll be all Miss Manners next time a question is asked, I’d hate for any witty repartee to distract from the seriousness of the information you’re apparently entitled to.

Sabre699 and K51000 like this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Funnyboy was working the beeb overnight shift.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Double time and a half, too. Need to buy some balls so I can run a bucking liter bike through T1 with the throttle to the stops. :moon: :crackup:

G 97 and K51000 like this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I would suggest that you keep your ovaries, save some money and get a well prepped 300 to work on your WOT application practice. Probably won’t happen overnight even with your enlarged ovaries :Poke:

6. Last time I said that it was $80k

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Thats a damn good appliance budget!

8. Adds up quick!!!

9. Boman Forklift

Wow, you can answer something using normal English, even though the smart ass stick continues.

Oxcassionally even @Dave K will answer serious question with a normal response.

Sorry I made you butthurt...carry on in you normal manner and I will try and get some much lacking sleep.:beer:

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Butthurt? Really? :crackup:

I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women.

11. Boman Forklift

Ha! If headache means you think I was drunk, my comments were fueled only by water.

Yeah, for some reason I was never a chubby chaser, even at closing time when I was young. Would rather go home alone and take care of business. Unfortunately, that did lead to longer dry spells than my chubby chasing friends.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah, I was trying to think of something pithy to say and the only thing I could come up with was the Princess Bride quote where Andre the Giant got a nap courtesy of a sleeper hold. ;)

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

The burners run off 240vac and it sounds like you let the smoke out of the circuit and instead of it being a short and tripping the breaker it's now an open. The lights and fan are 120vac and are pulling power from one of the legs from the breaker. Does your wall plug have 4 prongs on it? 1 is ground, 1 is neutral, one is 120vac +, one is 120vac -. Electric dryers operate in a similar fashion where the 240vac runs the heating element and the motor that spins the drum is 120vac and uses one of the 120vac legs and a neutral.
    You're going to have to pull the unit apart to see where the open is or replace it.

14. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I still don't understand this whole 2 x 120 makes a 240 thing.

Please don't try, my mind's in tooo many other places right now.

I can wire up all kinds of 120V stuff in my house though.

e^ Edit- Love the GSX-R Garth. A 600? No stock sterring damper? I see a GSR?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, yes it is. :D

ok what I don’t understand (I know, imagine that. ) is like you stated the power line from the breaker box comes into the junction under the cooktop then runs into the cooktop where it splits with one power line going to the opposite (left side) and one staying on the right side. Both run into their individual left side and right side conjunction, then split again to each individual burner front and back. So how is a potential problem on one side of the burner or even just one burner effecting all of the other burners.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

2005 1000. Rolled it into my trailer from Ekland motorsports in Oshkosh right after it was set up. It was the first one they got. I was their Honda rep at the time. I got a set of pre production body work from Billy at Armour works, changed the brake lines and pads and broke it in at RA at a nesba day two days before AMA then had Yosh throw on a slightly blemished exhaust that they couldn’t retail on their race semi headed to AMA RA put it on with a Dynojet PC had it dyno’d at the track, spooned on some Dunlop slicks and qualified and raced The AMA Superstock class that weekend, first time on a 1000. Pretty much bone stock. The bike was that good.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

This is golden. The problem as I see it is you didn't have your sticker guy give your given name the appropriate peer-wrinkle for your windscreen, thereby reinforcing to yourself that you and 220 circuits would (should!) forever be separated by thought and action. At least when it comes to repair.

May I suggest a proper, gas-fired cooktop? :)

G 97 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

There’s no plug. It’s hard wired with wire nuts inside a junction box at the cooktop.
    0B487DA8-4346-47A9-998F-5C85575BC63A.jpeg

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

In English please. :)
    I’d love to have gas but it is what it is. :/

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

I may or may not have had a couple Kettle and cranberries. Allegedly. LOL :)

Boman Forklift likes this.