1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EcoBoost Mustang: Sounds like ass.

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Any one know why?? :confused:

Had one show up at the strip Friday night, with some work and an aftermarket exhaust.... (13.13 ET )

Did not sound like a 4 cyl. Did not sound like a turbo car.

Sounded like a V6 with a plug wire off. Or maybe a Subaru WRX with a giant farty can out back. But worse. :Puke:

BRAP! BRAP! BRAP! BRAP! :Poke:

Did Ford do something Wacky with the crank pins, making a Big Bang Stang?? :p

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I think its the way the exhaust manifold is configured for down low torque while maintaining high rpm hp. But i do agree, it does sound like ass.

3. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Its a Mustang, why the confusion? :D

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

with 2 cylinders gone. That only makes it worse. Not better.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

if it's fast who cares what it sounds like is my motto...

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Right?

13.13 and pushing 30 mpg in a car that can (technically) seat 4 people? I'm cool with it sounding silly.

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Hey don't knock the lumpy WRX exhaust note. That is some sweet sound to my ears.

If you don't like the 4 cylinder, maybe you should just stick to the new flat plane crank 5.2L V8

There is some YouTube video out there. Just search 2016 GT350 flat plane

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Love me some UE header boxer rumble lol. Also love me some flat plane v8 :D.

9. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

They got one running 12.9s and sounds like a hair dryer going down the strip... LOLOLOL

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I've been tempted to run my Transit van at the midnight drags... I've embarrassed most of the local ricers light to light. They really dont like getting beat by a cargo van.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Cars are 3/4 about image. Why would you pay that much for something that sounds like shit?

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

did you just make fun of lesba-rus? :Poke:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

image can be updated and outdated relatively quick... while speed can last generations, no matter how it sounds or looks

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

No ecoboost mustangs running 13.13's are getting 30mpg. Stock ones aren't doing that if you actually make boost at any point in time of the engine running.

Who cares how fast the car is when its embarresing to be seen/heard going that fast, which isn't very fast at all really? For the same speed you can have one of the sexiest exhaust notes of any car made, which is a v8 mustang [yes even those turd 4.6's].
    If I want a turbo 4cyl I'll stick with the people who make them best: honda.

15. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Uummm.... What Honda comes stock with a turbo? The new Civic isn't out yet.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Maybe so, but a 13 second pass is not quite in that speed category so all you have left is a 13 sec fartcan car that sounds like a joke and impresses no one. And if you are drag racing who cares about fuel economy?

17. Ryan600RR

Ryan600RR Well-Known Member

The terminator 4.6 is FAR from being a turd.

18. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Fixerated! :p

[​IMG]

19. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Still a turd with a supercharger added to it. :moon:

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

so what you're saying is that the best exhaust sound wins the drag race? :confused:

Straight line racing is even more confusing that i thought