1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easily removable wheel chock

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for a front wheel chock that attaches to the floor but can be easily removed or attached without any tools? I have something now on my trailer that has a baseplate mounted from under trailer, then the chock can be attached/ detached with four bolts from above. I wouldn't exactly call it quick. Looking to mount two chocks inside the toy hauler but need to be able to take them out depending what we are hauling. There are three rows of e- track on the floor as well if that helps.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why do they need to be attached to the floor? Will Baxleys work?

3. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Condor makes e-track adapters for their wheel chocks. Not cheap but they make good stuff.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

KrashBandit and Sabre699 like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Parts Unlimited carries a Moose branded one that has a base plate bolted to the floor, has 3 slots in it. Chock has 3 pins on it that drop into the slots and slide ahead a couple inches. Works good, have one in my race trailer.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Pingel makes a nice removable one. I have it mounted in my trailer. Pitbull didn't have their removable one available when I bought it. I would get the Pitbull over the Pingel every time. I would probably replace mine except that would mean two more holes in the trailer floor and I never use it anyway.

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great ideas! My Google skills must be rusty because I hadn't found most of these or at least realized they had quick disconnect options. I guess I never realized when looking at the pics that the PitBull was quick-release. The Moose and Pit Bull both look like good options. That Black & Gray looks like the most low-profile option of all of them, although a little more pricey.

I was looking for something to leave in place while traveling and I am not sure the Baxley fits that bill, but it would be useful in other places than just the hauler.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just be careful of pingel ones and 300mm+ size rotors. Requires lots of tie down cinching.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Or just bracket. They work good and are good chocks, I have them in my trailer.

Attached Files:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pit Bull. By far the best. If you truly must do a wheel chock they do those too or the Pingel.

12. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Been using a Baxley for 10 years now. Extremely convenient. Goes in the toyhauler or the truck bed depending on whether it's a race weekend or just a track day. Can be used to hold the bike up in the pits sometimes when the stands aren't handy or unloaded. Goes in the garage and can be used for any number of purposes there as well. Tons of utility, and it's unbreakable.

MV Rider likes this.