1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durrani magnesium wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger Van der Jackass, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

You Homo COMMUNIST!

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It's finook!

3. Clem

Clem Changin' My Latitude

Just because a bunch of guys that look like losers ended up turning into Microsoft doesn't mean that all losers that have their picture taken will be successful.

4. Knarf Legna

True. And Steve Jobs doesn't bathe.

5. Chango Malo

COMMIE FINOOK hoser! You suck! My friends are all freezing their balls off in Philly and you M-Fers are riding around in circles it's BORING! Street riding is where it is at! We are the real world! I never went there but I know ISLE OF MAN is where real men race. Not like those stupid magazine shitheads like Mat Oxley. MORON! QUEER!

6. Clem

Clem Changin' My Latitude

:Pop:

Har! Me thinks it a scam! Time for a poll.:Poke:

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I'm totally cool with that Dave.

Since you asked. I have zero finacial interest in the company. I did order a set of the wheels like a "fool". When product is available in sufficient quantities to meet demand I will also make this product available track-side at our events.

Just because I know the process, the metallurgy and many other aspects of the engineering and manufacturing process does not mean I am privy to the business plan or finacial details of the company. I do not.

JU asked if this was the real deal, based on what I know it is. Maybe I'll lose my money... I'm betting I wont. I do wish them the all the best and respect them for chasing a dream instead of bashing those who do. Better yet, if I can help them achieve this goal by supporting them, all the better.

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I hope Monte is right.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So do I.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Ogg, "go back to your cave....stop beating on that rock...no one will ever need whatever you are calling it...."Wheel" pffft...wheel who needs a wheel?, go back to drawing on your cave walls like the rest of us." Dumbass...:rolleyes:

11. Knarf Legna

Geeeeezuz, just where did anyone in this tread bash anyone at the company for their chasing their dream? You're really introducing unnecessary drama at this point.

12. Chango Malo

Trick wheel come in UPS GOOD! Trick wheel dont come in UPS BAD!

Ogg send money, no get wheel same finger painting with mud. NFG.

You famous guy send product when wanted. This guy not so famous this BBS. Ogg not want burn money and no get wheel.

Comprende Amigolito?

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

The wheels on the bus go round and round.........

14. Knarf Legna

Personally I'm waiting for the Powerstands knock-offs of these things, they're gonna be way cheaper.

15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Now my nose hurts.
    LMAO!

16. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

http://www.durraniracing.com/TECHNOLOGY.html

Plenty of pictures here. Of course photoshop put Jigs kid at a skatepark in less than half a day. What I do see though is some pretty realistic automation. An overhead gantry system with a pick and place end effector that possibly could be part of the center hub final milling. What the wheel looks like is maybe a modular design that allows one center piece to be adapted to fit multiple bikes using different hubs. I think they mention that on the site somewhere. So practically every bike out there is running a 17"x3.5" front with a 17x5.5-6 rear but each mani is running a slightly diff axle/spacing blah blah blah. Bust out a common center and turn the hubs(the part that requires the most variety) on a lathe that is easier to set up than a whole new casting for one bike. That sounds cost effective. I think auto wheel manis have been doing that for a while. The equipment in the pictures looks clean and new. So new the safety placarding is paper in a plastic file folder. Where the upfront money came from is obviously NOT pre-orders. Who knows if they are going to rip off people. I'm sure that the stuff was installed by union peeps being in MI. That could be a trail if you know any union guys in the area. It looks legit. I'm not sending any money though so don't take my word for it. It could be somebody freelancing on the weekend while the boss is out. Manufacturing is becoming so modular now it could be some side project. If you are skeptical play wait and see. No need to blast anybody just yet. I don't see how keeping JU away could do any good though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

This Thread Needs More Bewbies!

Caution Tape works for Cone Man? GTFOOH!!! :D

[​IMG]

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

How did you get pictures of his secret identity???

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Broke into his locker while he was at the Unemployment Office.

20. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

they need to spend the couple hundred dollars on a site that doesnt look like it was kicked out on a word processor in 1997. appearances go a long way in first impressions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.