1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durrani magnesium wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger Van der Jackass, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Just trying to figure out WTF Microsoft has to do with this thread? :confused:

I think Paige's point was buyer beware. We've all seen the threads that get started here because somebody sent money to somebody else, waited forever, couldn't contact them, and then post here claiming to be ripped off. Maybe these will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or maybe not. I'm with Paige, show me a shipping product and I'll entertain a purchase - until then it's just an opportunity to lose some cash.

Oh, and since you brought up stock purchases (Microsoft), check out what happened to the shareholders of InMold, Inc.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  2. bafflebrain

bafflebrain Well-Known Member

I don't know why there is not a single picture of the prototype mounted on a bike. I would like to see one instead of a CGI.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

OVO leathers again? The first person who bitches after sending in their $$$, if it all falls apart gets a name change and called a dumbass.

I wish Durra-whatever wheels the best but we've all seen "incredible, revolutionary products" turn into 20 page threads.

4. Knarf Legna

One other thing, I've learned in business that if you have difficulty getting in contact with a company BEFORE THE SALE, you'll have even more difficulty after they've taken your money. In my experience it's an indication that a company is 1) underfunded, 2) run by a geek who's not a businessman, 3) doesn't care about customer service, or 4) is shady. Or some combination of those. That's a lesson that companies who put up web sites advertising their products and then don't answer their phones should pay attention to. Perception is sometimes as important as performance.

5. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

buyer beware is alot different than calling all people who buy these things fools.

6. Knarf Legna

Not really - it was Paige posting - she doesn't pussyfoot. :D

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Consider the source Jig, Paige wouldn't know magnesium if it came out of her AM bowl of Cocoa Puffs and bit her on the end of the nose!

8. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

Durrani Racing

I made a call to Durrani last saturday and spoke with Sharyar Durrani for quite a while about their wheels, their molding processes, and racing in general. I have had no problem contacting them over the phone or by e-mail and I recieved the most complete answers to all my questions about their product. I am planning to have a set of these mounted up as soon as I can.:up:

9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yeah Monte, you know me all so well.

Jig - I stand by what I said.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Cool. I will wait till people have them on their bike before I order just yet. I mean who buys the first year vehicle when it comes out? I just hope the prices stay consistent. If they do I could see OEM's using them on "special version bikes"

11. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

'not really' as in all people that buy these wheels are fools?

12. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Did I get the brand of cereal wrong?

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You get a lot of shit that comes out of your mouth wrong. Go back to whoring your products all over the BBS and quit making assumptions about people you don't know.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I don't see how that is possible. Cone Man and his sidekick Caution Tape said they would never share their super-secret, fancy-dancy, new fangled molding info.

15. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

Bad magazine guy! Call on the weekend instead of wasting time at some not-WERA race in Florida. WTF you doing, calling during the work week? Dumbass track boy! These people have jobs to go to and there are a lot more of them than there are of you. Cancel my subscription! Pussy!

16. Knarf Legna

Not really as in I've totally lost interest in your nonsensical tangent. You win. Please feel free to continue on your journey without me.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Monte, you're coming across as more than an "interested party" or just a dude selling these things. Got anything you want to share with us?

If this turns to shit (and I hope I'm wrong), I'm flaming the holy F@ck out of Monte.

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Hope it works out for you Monte. :cool:
    Oh and Paige is a beeyotch, I can't wait to meet her. :D

19. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

Paige grew up in a shop and at races. Maybe she DOES know that magnesium burns with a pretty flame. YOU SEXIST! I want to call JESS JACKSON AND AL SHARPTON! I demand that MNSBC fire you at once! AT ONCE, I say!

20. Knarf Legna

Wait till these guys find out that Buell has been using thixomolding for over 6 years, then let's see how many are in love with the "leading edge" technology. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.