1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duramax LMZ

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Aug 23, 2015.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Buying a 06 tomorrow assuming it check out with the dealer.
    Need the good bad and ugly to make sure I am not making a bad decision. 2500HD extended cab 2wd. 130K miles.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Thanks asshole.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'll remember that next time you call with a pool question, rock star. :p

What'd ya find on that pool light?

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

About to tell the customer to EAD and call someone else because I am tired of dealing with his bitch ass.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You'll have a more difficult time selling a 2wd ext cab down the road.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Have a helluva time paying for that junker if you piss off your customers. :p

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You mean LBZ? If so, very desirable for it pre-emissions and ability to change injectors like sparkplugs.

9. biggziff

biggziff Well-Known Member

If the injectors haven't been replaced you're looking at $6K at a minimum.

ABS speed sensors

Master cylinders

Rust

Tranny

Good luck.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Correct, too many different engines LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML. LOL

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Bzzzzt!

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

In what universe? I have an 04 injectors were half that installed at the dealer (non-warranty) and they have to pull the valve covers... Tranny? Change the filter at 40k and the oil at 80k bullet proof.. just don't run it over the limit with a tuner and not issues.

Can't speak on the speed sensor, had a master cylinder take a crap that was a PITA because it was misdiagnosed.

I have an edge with attitude, leave it set to PL3- if I keep it around 65 gets 22ish on the highway, when I want to get a rush set it up to PL5, 7000lb hotrod, just be CAREFUL on wet pavement at speed.

13. biggziff

biggziff Well-Known Member

Cost me that much doing it myself.

Lots of others have reported the actual costs online for years. This isn't a fairy tale.

Who knows what's been done or not done on a used truck?

As I said...good luck.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...004-lb7/491441-injector-replacement-cost.html

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How do you know which version you have? Because I have an 06 dmax that is a giant piece of shit. In the last 9 months: injectors (11 so far), injector pump, water pump, power steering/brake pump, transmission issues, chassis issues, fuel line collapse, and just generally being a giant mechanical asshole.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

8th digit of the vin.

http://duramaxhub.com/duramax-vin.html

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Been VERY happy with my `08 2wd extended cab 2500HD Duramax. Of course it was CPO with less than 30K on it when I got it two years ago.

17. R1RJ

R1RJ Well-Known Member

Isn't the Duramax made by Isuzu?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

19. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I have an 06 LBZ and love it.

Change the filters and fluid often, and tow the hell out of boats, and the toy hauler with no issues to date. I've got 156k miles on it, and it's been the best truck I've ever owned.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's unfortunate.