1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dunlop Q4 in 160 rear

Discussion in 'General' started by mattology, Mar 29, 2019.

1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

have dunlop announced whether they were going to make the Q4 in a 160 rear ?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Q3+ is spec tire for Lightweight in CSBK too and these guys ride the living poo out of them. I got a set for my NC 30, can't wait to try them.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I did a trackday with the Q3+'s on my 1000. I wasn't hauling the mail by any means (first time I rode the thing on track in about 6 years and fighting chatter problems all day) but the tires were very impressive even on a big bike.

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

A couple of months back I asked Dunlop and was told no. This was someone that worked in customer service.
    I used Q3+ last year for the first time and was very impressed with the grip. Unfortunately I struggled to find a rear Q3+ that was round.

6. mattology

so for a rs250 q3+ front and rear are great? or Q4 front Q3+ rear?

thanks everyone.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

i like Dunlops, but there are those new pirelli track tires that come in a bunch of rear tire sizes

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Q3+ front and rear are fine (plus it will cost you less as a set than buying 2 different tires) if you want to stick with Dunlop tires. And as mentioned, if the kids in the Junior Cup can race on them, pretty sure regular folk can make due.

You may or may not be able to tell, but that is the Q3 tread pattern up front.

[​IMG]

9. mattology

thanks guys, Q3+ it is!!!