1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wow!!

2. Yeah, they can fuck right off.

I would have no problems passing the exam, but that isn't the point. I don't need anyone to give me a fucking medical exam before spending my own cash, on my own personal bike, to be used at my own discretion.

Vstate60, Senna and ducnut like this.
  3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

No idea if it's legit or not, but I would guess the medical exam is before you ride the motoGP bike, not the street bike.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

4 laps?! Woopty fucking do. What a privilege!!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I'd expect that the medical exam is for the GP bike and not the V4R.

6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Included in the selling price of the SL is a free track day at Mugello riding a V4SL (not your bike) as well as one session on the WSBK V4R. Customers will also have the ability to drive a new Audi R8 and Lamborghini in the hill country by the track. In 2017 they offered this same experience with the 1299SL. One of my customers said he was driving the cars fairly hard out there and had a blast.

In addition to all of that, you have the option to pay for a track day which will take place the following day, where you will be riding the V4SL for a few sessions to warm up, then one final session on the GP19 MotoGP bike. Pirelli WSBK slicks will be used, and not the Michelin MotoGP tires.

The "medical exam" is most likely to make sure some dusty old farts aren't going to have a heart attack while riding one of their bikes worth well north of a $Million bucks.

7. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Ducati be scouting for new talent.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dry clutch Yum

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Fuck. Being able to ride Mungello on a WSBK and Motogp bike might be worth re financing the house to get this new Pani

Vstate60, MachineR1, TX Joose and 4 others like this.
  11. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

So net 11 lbs off the 1299 SL? That's pretty good, considering the V4 came in heavier than the 1299, iirc.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I figured they called it Project 1708 because that is how many cc's WSBK allowed them, so they could finally start winning championships again.:crackup:

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

Phl218, Gorilla George and turbulence like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, I actually love Ducati's. The last new motorcycle I purchased was a Ducati. Wouldn't mind owning another one again someday. Possibly when the government passes laws that make phones not work while moving in a vehicle, because the texting and driving I see out here scares me shitless while riding a street bike on regular roads, not nice curvy back mountain roads.

tl1098, motion and 1kk8 like this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Man, I just love the HP4 Race so much. I love that BMW had the balls to build that bike. It's a shame it didn't really sell all that well, and they'll almost certainly never create another one.

Vstate60, NemesisR6 and Steeltoe like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why's that? I mean Ducati's on like their...what, 4th Superleggera now?

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The HP4 just didn't sell well, likely because it wasn't a road-going model. A&R has talked about it a couple times. You could get them for a pretty high percentage off MSRP at one time.

Maybe they'll do another, but it'll be like 50 bikes instead of 750, and will probably be more expensive.