1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Yes^^^^^

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The Abu Dhabi highway patrol got a new fleet....

upload_2019-12-9_22-56-44.jpeg

Attached Files:

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Can you imagine spending all day working on one of those? You’d be dead of heat stroke by noon.

Vstate60 and ducnut like this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Amongst the dangerously psychotic, absolutely dead!

A friend who lived in Saudi some years ago rolled up to a stoplight and noticed the two dudes in the cars in front of him screaming at each other. Finally, and before the light turned green - one dude just floored it, pirouetted (probably unintentionally) through the intersection and then rammed his expensive car into the other dude’s expensive car head-on.

Do you want to hear what it’s like being a rental car test administrator in Qatar (aka Gutter)? Because, I’m told, it’s equally psychotic.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

To be fair a used 1198S/R isn't far from this. And the parts it doesn't have are easily changed to what you described for very little money depending on what level of electronic safety integration you're referring to.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Is it worth that?

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

For club racers, no. For collectors, absolutely.

turbulence likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m not sure about that.

The Desmosedici should’ve appreciated and become collectible, but, they depreciated to a plateau. Some of the “R” models have done OK, but, they need to be “0” miles. 851, 888, and some others I would’ve thought would do better. Supermono is the holy grail. I’m just not sure this newer stuff has the potential.

10. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Wowzerssss...I have to admit I was never a fan of Ducati until they released the V4...now I love Ducati’s and appreciate the unique nature of how they make their bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I never could figure out Ducati collectibility... the SuperMono, well OK, but the Paul Smart and the MHR? Strange.... Desmosedici should be collectible now, but its time will come. The R model Superbikes have always done well.

ducnut likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, consider the fact that its the most expensive bike that's come out since the MV Agusta F4 CC more than 10 years ago......and that bike was $120,000 USD and not nearly the level of awesomeness that this thing is...well that could be debated but it certainly isn't as performance capable by any stretch.

https://newatlas.com/mv-agusta-f4cc-unveiled--100000-euro-195-mph-100-only/6462/

14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Did they ever fix the oiling problem on the Desmos? Maybe that's killing them on the used market? I'm guessing once the numbers start dwindling, they'll go up again, flaws be damned.

The other two Superleggeras seem to have not gone down, at least.

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m with you. Those modern classics are so pretentious, IMO. For what they’re going for, I’ll take an “R” model or SPS.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Here’s a 10-mile example for 50% of MSRP. Was IT really worth $120K? :D

https://iconicmotorbikeauctions.com/auction/2008-mv-agusta-f4cc-with-10-miles/
    :Poke:

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah I don't think they set that MSRP back then with the intentions these things wouldn't hold up nearly so well, lol.

It's actually funny, they had one on display at the IMS show way back when and I got to see it up close. Amazing looking machine but what surprised me was that it was on display all the way at the back of the convention floor. It was just off by itself, and not a single person was gathered around looking at it....weird.

ducnut likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

There’s no doubt, MV does an amazing job with their finishes, textures, and overall detailing. They may even be the best at it. I’d love to have one, if I were in the position to pay for one.

19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The only way I see bikes like the Superleggera/HP4 Race/Desmosidici/MV Augusta-esque special editions truly appreciating in value is if something like the EV-bike movement ever takes hold and these rare, fire-breathing monsters start going the way of the dodo......

.......and that is a LONG way off, indeed.

Vstate60 and ducnut like this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

the email i got about the bike also had this little nugget in it. i’m assuming steel breaks and DOT esque tires. how many of these bikes do you suppose will be Hamilton’ed?

they also said they’re gonna give you a full medical exam before they let you out on it

Attached Files:

Newyork and motion like this.