1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's funny, though, how you seem to imply that you're more likely to see a factory 500 GP bike at the track than a street bike with its blinkers. :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  2. Not trying to sell anything, and I never said the bike couldn’t be competitive.

But for someone like me who is giving up 50-75lbs to most other riders by default, I have no desire to give up another 30-50 with the bike.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe you need to be sponsored by Jenny Craig, you fat sonofabitch! :crackup:

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

48.4mm stroke, 16.5k limit, Ducati has left themselves room to spin for power.

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Good job. Upper cuts for errrbody now.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

The pasta makers are always catching heat:

Like the sexy chick people are lusting after, but lacking the balls and settling for her “just as nice” friend...
    i give kudos to everyone that is bringing out a bike worth that $ and circling it around at the track. Still better than the squid kid on the gixxer killing people in traffic

And tossing an sv did not phase me at all. Pani- despite being fully paid for- yup, screw those lap times...

MachineR1 and 418 like this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I’ve seen a handful of the base V4’s come through auction. They were fetching between 6-7k. Only one bike had keys.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I will get one of those for the track next year or the year after. Keeping my 1199 spare wheels...

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I thought the priller was sweet, but this is just spooge worthy.

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Unless they are single-handedly closing a track day provider while demonstrating an overwhelming abundance of no-skill.

Senna, 418 and Phl218 like this.
  12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Good luck... The 1299’s were getting cut up and sent to Europe for parts. It was hard finding a decent one to turn into a race bike. That being said, the 899 and 959 Pani’s went stupid cheap. Again, very few had keys though

Phl218 likes this.
  13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Huh?

Stock VS stock:

Duc 221hp
    Ape 217hp

4hp difference not 20hp.

Weight:

Duc - 172kg = 379lbs dry - typically liter bikes add 55-60lbs to achieve wet weights - lets say 55 for the Duc so thats a wet weight of 434lbs
    Ape - wet weight of 439lbs

5lb difference

Broome's claims of Ducati's ability to lose a lot more weight than the Aprilia when race prepping are likely quite true as he's done both bikes (albeit older models of both now) but for us mortals, 4 crank hp and a 5lb weight difference would mean absolutely ZERO to us on track as far as lap times go.

Kudos to Ducati though - a lightweight V4 with a real world 200+ rwhp bone stock out of 999cc's and oh, a 24,000km valve interval service check/adjustment - so much for the reputation they had 20 years ago with 12,000km intervals and shoddy reliability.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't forget these are Ducati marketing dept figures.

Somehow those numbers never seem to pan out in the real world. Like those claimed 200hp+ D16rRR's that were making like 169hp on real world dynos.

418 likes this.
  15. TZ250lover

TZ250lover Well-Known Member

Wake me when that happens on a 500cc four stroke that weighs well under 300 lbs. l I will probably be 120 years old or so. Speak loud.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Keep guessing, because I bet you're not even close. ...the V4 Special is $40K if I'm not mistaken. This is a WHOLE lot more special.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yup. There is always the enterpreneur who’s vision ate up almost all chash and now needing more funding.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Won't be much more than that. WSBK has a price cap on the homalogated machine now.

Edit: Same price as Special on the Ducati Italy site.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    turbulence likes this.
  19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i kinda want the mid fairings for mine...

i’ll leave the wings off though.

20. I would bet I am pretty damn close. This is the bike homologated for WSBK racing, and there is a cap on the MSRP.

I haven’t seen any prices mentioned, but I’d bet it will be around $40k, maybe $45k.

The V4-S is around $25-26k.

turbulence and keithnewton like this.