1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

what are you using for exhaust and a race belly pan?

2. 418

418 Expert #59

So EDR dyno'd a V4R with ECU and slip on.

198rwhp.

Weren't they claiming 235hp @crank at the press launch?

3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

235 x .85 = 198 hp. Usually around 15% loss from crank numbers to wheel numbers. If you are correct and that was with slip-ons and not a full system, those are pretty good numbers. Also, if the bike was new, it should make more power as it loosens up a bit.

4. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

I was going to post the same thing. Put the full Akra on the bike and let the engine break in a bit. The bike is a monster. Imagine if they did some cam timing and some fuel adjustments and some mr12......

5. 418

418 Expert #59

15% drivetrain loss must be some Ducati math. That's FWD car territory.

Most stuff out there is around 10%.

Either way 198rwhp ain't earth shattering for a $40K bike.

Odilup and BigBird like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Have you ridden one?

:D

my 1199 had 181 RWHP on a 98F day.
    frankly, not at a 40k price tag, but also considering a forward spinning crank and lack of all the other goodies, including a more flexible chassis and the whole NASA brain the V4R has.

MachineR1 and 418 like this.
  7. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

I think we were 5th fastest in the trap speeds last weekend, and that is with the Akra flash and and SC project pipe, bone stock motor that is brand new. We haven’t even had time to dyno the bike and see where the fueling is at yet...

8. StanTheMan

Really hoping to see you do well on that bike! Looking forward to hearing what sort of things you learn on it to tweak it and make it more powerful and handle better. Is there a reason you picked the SC project pipe over the Akra full system?

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Not knocking the thing I just hate the false hype.

Claiming 234HP when the thing can't break 200rwhp isn't any different than Yamaha getting popped for claiming their R6 could rev to 17K many moons ago when it could brearly break 16K. I just find it annoying more than anything else. They got a lot of hype over those claims but it makes about the same as any other liter bike with system and a tune.

BigBird likes this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

@KWyman133 just have Gigi sprinkle a little fairy dust on it

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

In one of the practices you came out of T7 with Elias and the Duc hung right alongside the whole back straight. I was seriously impressed.

12. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

North American model is 209 stock, something about the NA sound regulations they get a different pipe than the 221 Euro stock. No clue if the Full pipes in america will get the same 234 (crank) as the Euro pipes and ecu mapping.

418 likes this.
  13. StanTheMan

The US version is limited but if you put the full Akra system on it with the ECU download you then have the full Monty

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

to be fair... a ZX10R with a tune and exhaust is making like 193whp. at 1/3rd the price. the Ducati is def a work of art, and comes with more goodies for sure, but yea... part of me just wanted to see the whp number saying something like 210whp or something bonkers. i wonder what people will get theirs too for serious track duties. they're all still bonkers either way. last time i rode a ZX10 on the street like that i just kept asking myself why this even exists? it made me "ridiculous" giggle.

track wagon and Gino230 like this.
  15. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Which that person did not do.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

OK, wasn't aware of that. That makes more sense.

I doubt headers and super disco ECU are going to find another 10rwhp+ but at least there's a reason.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Mechanical grip. The Duc will get more to the ground without destroying the rear tire.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

How were Kyle's trap speeds compared to the factory Yamaha's and Suzuki?

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

On my 1199R, just the aftermarket race midpipe and ECU flash resulted in over 10rwhp. That was over the full system exhaust.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Was it flashed previously? Cause if it wasn't then most of that is going to come from the tune.

EDR said the headers on the R are trick AF so that's why I stated that and they already flashed the ECU.