1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So your Daytona purse money went into fuel tanks. :D

2. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Yeah purse checks fear for their life in my hands... they quickly turn into Ducati parts :oops:

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Fixt

rafa likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you running endurance with no pitstops? :eek: It looks taller too.

5. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

My paychecks have been doing that for over 10 years!

BigBird likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ay rumors floating around yet about a Panigale V4 Superlegerra ?

7. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Is that 14k lol I heard it’s lighter than aluminum...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Not yet, but you know Ducati.

turbulence likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don’t they usually wait a few years then release one to boost sales?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was just glancing at the original post in this thread and wondering, @KWyman133 did you ever consider trying to get your hands on a V4 RS or was it too costly or too limited production to get a hold of over here?

[​IMG]

11. KWyman133

Well the ordering deadline for these was maybe in November I believe. That was back when I thought I was for sure racing a BMW this year. I rode the V4S for fun the first week of December, and I remember looking on the Ducati website at the V4R and just drooling over it. Was looking at something that I simply could not have.

By January I was now certain that I was racing a Kawi. That deal fell through around Jan 15th. When it fell through I called Gary and told him to start prepping the Yamahas again, until I got a call from the Ducati dealer - who was working quietly in the background - trying to secure V4R’s early. They told me they convinced DNA to air freight the first two bikes off the line to me and that I could have them before the end of February.

It’s been a whirlwind... but we’ve just about got this bike ready to go. There are zero Ducati Corse parts on it, for now. This is purely a build from stock, trying to source parts from wherever you can.

Every other V4R you see racing around the world is a Corse bike, right out of Italy. Ours is not. We will have our hands full, but ever since we committed to getting these bikes, I’ve had DAILY communication with Corse, and they have been amazingly helpful.

BigBird, cBJr, noles19 and 20 others like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Based on the rest of that post up there, I'd say that's an understatement.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Rooting for the power pasta machine (and rider ;) )

tl1098 likes this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So- would it be awkward if I wear a KWR Army hat for my MotoAmerica Twins headshot? They make us wear hats and I don't currently have a hat sponsor. Dylan Grey promised they would do more talking about the 30th place riders this season.

16. KWyman133

17. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

KW, you may need to hit Corse up for the double barrel like Pirro.

Attached Files:

18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

How can you not like twice pipes.

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Done! Probably won't make it here by the time I have to leave Wednesday, I'll have to borrow a hat from you Thursday. Good luck, I'll be rooting for you as usual bud.

KWyman133 likes this.
  20. speedyralph

speedyralph Well-Known Member

This thread kicks ass! I'm converting my buddies V4S to track and I'm selling all oem parts; headlights, tail lights, bodywork, rearsets, rear seat, etc..