1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Well, in true Ducati fashion they release this and then in a year or two I'm sure they are going to have a Panigale V4 Superleggera that will manage to trump this one (and also carry and equally exorbitant price tag).....its just how Ducati rolls.

aftriathlete likes this.
  2. Fuckinhell.

With a RapidBike tuner, full Akra exhaust, and Livengood dyno tune for U4.4, that damn thing will probably put 220hp to the rear wheel, without opening the cases.

...and it will probably sell for $40-45k if I had to guess.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So how many are you getting?

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The ape weighs 439 wet.
    The Ducati is listed at 363 dry, 363+70 fluids = 433wet
    So 6 pounds and I rounded down...

5. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

He is prpbably referring to a new V4S or and older R.

gapman789 likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

And horsepower? 221 vs. 217

I'm all ears....

7. noles19

The r Ducati is listed at 234 and the ape is listed at 214.. want paper and a pen?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When I was in my 20s, I never envisioned the day you could use your blinker to pass a factory 500 GP bike. :D

9. Rutter did his Donnington test of the V4-S and he said that it is too much bike for him. He said it is the first bike he has ever ridden, including full-on Superbikes, that he feels he is not good enough to extract all of the performance out of it.

It completely shattered all of his test records for OEM bikes, and he has tested everything, including the limited edition special S1000RR’s, R1M, ZX10-RR, etc.

It not only recorded the fastest lap time he has ever done, it had the fastest acceleration figures, trap speeds, and braking performance. It was able to brake from 120mph to 40mph over 20’ shorter (or quicker, however you want to look at it) than any bike he has ever tested.

He said it is in a completely different league.

10. All of them.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

234 no cats, no emission control etc. Only for track riding

12. 418

418 Expert #59

I didn't see the 234.

Move along.

Leave it to Ducati to quote multiple power numbers.

I guess it would only be fair to only compare stock to stock not stock to full exhaust system/tune right?

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  13. noles19

Which is basically every bike with a full exhaust but touche.

14. See my post in the “Rating Liter bikes” thread regarding weights and the RSV4.

Those figures are very misleading.

The Panigale, even the R, is capable of shedding a lot of weight when race prepped. The RSV4 isn’t.

So curb weights of stock bikes don’t tell the whole story (as far as racers are concerned). You’ll end of with drastically different results once race prepped.

noles19 likes this.
  15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

The ape is 217 with cat, euro4 emissions etc

16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

They (aprilia) claim 199 kg wet weight with a 18,5l gas tank.

17. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

I’m not hating on Ducati, I’ve had 4 over the years, and they make amazing amazing machines. This bike is lustworthy, for sure. But I literally saw 3 V4s in C Group at a Chuckwalla track day the month after they came out. Not hating on those that can afford them either. I wish I could.

Anyone know if Aprilia actually fixed the top end problems after MY2016? I know when the 17 came out it supposedly had a “revised valvetrain for increased longevity” I think is how they put it. My 16RR dropped a valve into the piston at 1600 track miles. I feel sorry for the poor bastard that this happened to on his second race weekend out on the bike after I sold it to him. He was able to convince Aprilia to replace the motor under warranty though, thank God.

I freaking loved the RSV4 and I would love to have another in the future. But man, for the amount of folks I know and that I saw on apriliaforum that had major top end issues I would personally be hesitant to dip my toe back into that pond down the road.

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

That day hasn't come yet.

A 500 GP bike isn't street legal and these production bikes must remove the lights for track use...your blinker scenario will never happen :D

19. Like I said, see my post in the other thread. Its too much to type it all again.

But that number is very misleading to anyone who plans on race prepping one of these bikes.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah I saw that but fact is the RSV4 was competitive this year both in FIM and BSB SSTK championships makes that argument kinda of a hard sell.

Anywaws, 221 or 234 out of a liter bike is bonkers. But I gotta feeling it'll be proceed accordingly. :(