1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ducati V4 streetfighter...

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Jun 13, 2019.

1. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I agree the silver is not needed. Paint those pieces red or black. Like any new bike that comes out I will have to see it in person to make my final Decision. I am interested in it as my last 4 street bikes have been 2017 Touno Factory V4, KTM 1290R superduke, 2012 Aprilia V4 touno, and Ducati hypermotard 1100s. I love super naked bikes, and woman. lol

turbulence likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Super naked women sound kinda intimidating...

Phl218 likes this.
  3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Kawasaki ZH2

:Puke:

Attached Files:

4. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

lol, now that is a fugly frickin bike. Looks like Kawasaki didn't even try.

I'm sure with a bit of aftermarket magic, the V4 SF will appeal more to some current naysayers.

Senna likes this.
  5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

That Kawi is hideous!

6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Any word on pricing?

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The most surprising things about the Kawi, for me, are the weight and how little HP it makes. For the money they expect, it should be a beautiful tour de force that sets the standard. It’s not.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

23k for the S

9. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

€19,990 for the base
    €22,990 for the S

another ~5k if you want it equipped with the Akro and race map

No official US pricing yet

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

All that black and silver plastic will get replaced with aftermarket carbon bits on a lot of them but i do agree that the headlight looks stupid. Exhaust, Carbon bits, Mirrors, tail tidy and ditch teh passenger seat/pegs and it will look the business.

The other new models don't do anything for me but if they come out with a V4 version of the Super Sport i'm in!

ducnut likes this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Some Supersport owners are speculating that, since there were zero changes or mention of anything new with that model. I just don’t see the market being there for a $20K+ sport-touring bike, when the more affluent are usually older and would want something more upright and accommodating.

I DO wish Yamaha would morph the MT-10 into an FJ1000. A subframe change, fairing, better seating, and lower pegs would net a hell of a sport-touring bike.

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I test rode the Supersport a few years ago as my possible Streetfighter replacement and wasn't particularly into it. Everything just felt muted, it wasn't particularly fast or interesting. I'd expect a bike like that out of Honda, but not Ducati.

I guess they're selling okay though, because they haven't changed at all since launch.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Needs more POWAH! I know its stupid but after riding high powered track bikes it makes you want it on everything. I like my sport tourers on the sporty side of the equation and the SS with the ohlins is just the right amount of sport IMO (just needs more motor).

14. The SS falls into the "I want to be on a Ducati, and want it to look like a Panigale, but I can't handle the power of, or afford a real Panigale...I also want better ergos than a 959, but can't handle a Multistrada" group.

It is weird. It looks like a sportbike, but only makes about 100hp. It has better ergos than a sportbike, but nowhere near Sport-Touring (Multi) type ergos. It would be fine for a day trip, but not a long trip.

It is almost like a bike without a home. I think it would be cool as a daily driver bike for going to the gym and shit, but there are lots of other bikes than can do that.

If they came out with a V4 SS that made about 170hp, while also having saddlebags, id be all over it.

ducnut likes this.
  15. Agreed.

I almost bought one last time I was at D&D, but the weak motor turned me off.

16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

It's reaaally stupid to see winglets on a naked. nakeds are supposed to be (relatively) fairing free

cpettit and ducnut like this.
  17. Does the new V4 Streetfighter come in black?

18. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

I know why they picked that DRL layout. [​IMG]

badmoon692008, ducnut and turbulence like this.
  19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

The Streetfighter came w/ a silver radiator guard, they ran that for 3-4 years until the 848 came out, and then finally started painting them black.

The radiator is black, which makes it even more egregious. It's like some intern got to spec parts after the final build or something.

upload_2019-10-23_11-30-33.png

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

apparently the winglets generate 23kg of downforce at 170 mph

my suggestion is to take a hole saw, drill holes in the upper one and have the perfect cup holder for the next starbucks run

G2G, Shocker and badmoon692008 like this.