1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ducati V4 streetfighter...

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Jun 13, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Ah'right now, I resemble that remark!

scottn likes this.
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

this thread makes me sad :(

3. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Latest artist "renderings" but looks like it would be pretty damn close to the production version to be revealed tomorrow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  4. turbulence

i’m on the fence about the “production” version. the race bike looked dope. although that red one with the bare aluminum tank has me intrigued. probably not enough to ditch the tuono. the v4 pani still doesn’t sound like a v4 like the apes do

5. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Agreed, the Aprilia V4 sound is in another class. However, as far as naked bikes go, the Duc's appearance looks LEAPS above the leaked Kawasaki ZH2 or KTM

turbulence likes this.
  6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I was hoping they'd retrofit a frame of some sort, a naked frameless bike does nothing for me. No trellis, no care.

Let's hope the production Brutale 1000 looks as good as their Series Oro, and can fill that gap.

[​IMG]

7. The V4 Streetfighter is one of the most badass things ive ever seen.

That shits happening.

MachineR1, Senna and 1kk8 like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I love this but not sure whats going on with the handlebars. Is it a standard with clip ons or just some really low bars? Seems like it's missing the point of a naked bike with those bars.

9. turbulence

new hypermotard ;)

10. rice r0cket

They're those risers that bolt to the upper triple, it seems fine? Bar angle might be a little aggressive for a standard, but still nowhere near a supersport. The original Streetfighter probably has similar height, but with less angle.

[​IMG]

SF (imagine the bottom w/o the mirror):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

With the SF you can at least change bars with about 100 different bends and heights. Those MV bars leave fewer options i'd guess? I'd still be happy to have either one though. I have a co worker getting ready to sell a mint 848 SF. If i didn't already have the Tuono i'd be all over it lol.

12. rice r0cket

True.

I'd pass on the 848 unless he hooks you up, people are asking 6k and the 1098 S goes for mid-7k range nowadays. I think that's worth it to get the bigger motor, forged Marchesinis, Ohlins forks and shock, and the steering damper (although some people dislike the OE damper).

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I haven’t lusted after a street bike in a long time. Maybe the latest Super Duke. Usually I just don’t care but this thing is going to be awesome.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Seems like this is the real deal.

IMG_20191023_080304.jpg

15. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Senna likes this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yep, that's it. I posted a vid in the YouTube thread.

It looks great, but I don't love it as much without the crazy prototype paint. I don't like the silver at the front of the fairing.

I didn't watch the premiere, but I hope they at least made some mention of Carlin Dunne. I get they're promoting a new bike and maybe don't want to put the spotlight on what is a tragedy, but still.

Hopefully they do end up with a CD5 or Pikes Peak version with the crazy paintjob.

G2G and turbulence like this.
  17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

the headlights on all these are real dumb, and agreed with above... the silver is also dumb when every other hard part is black. those are both easy enough fixes and not that expensive and all, but still...

cool to have another naked option either way. new headlight, a few bits powdercoated, an exhaust, and throw the mirrors in the trash, and you're in business.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The turn signals also suck. Two little stalks poking out.

19. turbulence

there were also rumors of a V4 multistrada but that doesn’t look like it happened... they redesigned the smaller pani and called it the panigale V2. bold new graphics for the diavel and the multi 1260

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Fugly