1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducait Sport Classic

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, Mar 7, 2018.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Who owns/owned one, and what was your experience?

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Not me, but to this day, I still want a Paul Smart.

scottn, Boman Forklift and joec like this.
  3. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Racing a Paul Smart in endurance races was the most fun racing I ever did. I think it would suck on the street.

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

What is a Ducait?

t500racer, 03RumbleBee and rk97 like this.
  5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

a typo.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

the bars being that low?

I'm not seriously looking at them, but every time I see one, I price them out, and start thinking about it... A street bike makes ZERO sense for me, but I still want one. It would be hard to spend Ducati money on something that I will not use very often. I should probably look at old Super Hawks instead.

7. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I have a Paul Smart that I bought new in 07. I love the bike but it breaks often. It's not very comfy on the street. Bolt backed out of the flywheel at 300 miles. Barnett clutch basket lost a rivet around 700 miles. Spun a rod bearing at 2300 miles. Both rear turn signal post broke just from the vibration of riding it. Swing arm guard that protects it from the chain near the CS sprocket broke in half a few weeks ago. Bike has about 2350 miles and a junk yard motor in it currently.

RichB likes this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I want a GT1000.

9. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

I have an 06 Sport Classic, it's a torture rack on the street, less than 1000 miles on it. I do love looking at it though.

10. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Owned 2 of them. They are not worth the money people are getting for them now. That Tron movie sent their value skywards. Great air cooled motor, but crap suspension and brakes. No adjustability up front and limited in the rear. Super uncomfortable and if you put the higher bars on it completely ruins the look. Gas tank is almost guaranteed to expand as well.

With that said, I'd buy another in a heartbeat if the price was right. It's a great looking bike with a perfect back road motor, loads of torque. If you can fix the shortcomings and deal with the comfort they are awesome. I just don't think they are worth the 12 to 15k price they are pulling lately.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My cousin had a Sport GT (like the one in Tron) and it was a blast. He sold it after a year or two. Too bad. If he had sold it these days, he could have got a lot of moolah. BTW, what the hell is a Ducait ? :D

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Some cop from NOLA

Lawn Dart likes this.
  13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I looked at them when I bought my 848. I wanted one badly. I finally got to a point where I thought they were overpriced and got the 848 instead.

The Nashville Ducati dealer didn't have one, but they could get their hands on a brand new one (never sold) that was in New York. They wanted something ridiculous for it, but the kicker was that they didn't want to provide any warranty with it. It was brand new (when I say brand new - I mean, it was an older year, but it had never sold to anyone. It might've been 3 years old or something). So, I passed.

14. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You're all talking me into a japanese twin...

I just want something fun that won't feel slow with my wife on the back, but can still be fun at a track day ...and inevitably race-prepped when I realize how often I don't street it.

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I always wanted Chris Gorel's. Still do.:D

thunderduc_ducati_racer.jpg

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

<cough>
    http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/just-sold-my-tl.322150/

Ahem..

03RumbleBee likes this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My 01 Monster that I bought brand new...I've never had one single problem. My goofy son can't even break it!

[​IMG]

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then look at a Monster.

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

That was a great time Pete.
    I owned a Paul Smart.
    Like others have said way over priced now and not comfortable

Ride safe,
    AAron