1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drz sm brake master no pressure

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sicc, Jul 12, 2019.

1. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

back story:

my '05 brake lever was a bit grabby, not because of bleeding but old age and gunk. i bought a used master off ebay, mounted and bled, seemed to be good.

bike sat over winter and i came out to a pool of brake fluid on the floor however reservoir looked full. tightened all bolts, re bleed, no pressure. installed original master, no pressure.

disassembled both old and new masters, intermingled parts, still no pressure.

tonight i installed new master rebuild kit, still no pressure.

the master will not seem to suck fluid in even when i place my thumb directly over the master's hole and try to build pressure that way. its the same behavior with the original and replacement reservoir. it gurgles air and a small amount of fluid comes but will not build pressure. i can pump the lever 100's of times but the fluid level never drops.

what in the heck am i missing? ive replaced brake lines multiple times on different bikes and have never had problems pushing the air out.

2. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

problem resolved. bought a cheapo brake vacuum then pumping the brake lever about 1 million times. now i wait to see if it maintains pressure.

3. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

check with your dealer. suzuki has a huge recall on brake master cylinders. It may be covered and you can get a brand new one for free.

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Masters dont pump air, as youve found out you need to bleed master b4 trying anything else. Can be a bitch.

5. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member