1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'General' started by Marcmcm, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Anyone having trouble with their Droid Incredible? My girlfriend is on her 3rd one in two weeks and this one started randomly turning on and off after just being activated today. Verizon keeps sending out refurbed units. The first refurb lasted a week, the second one came with a crack in the USB port and the third one cycles on and off randomly. Verizon wants to continue sending out more refurbs but it's getting old pretty quick.

2. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Has the battery been replaced? Take a pick and scuff up the battery terminals.

3. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Mines fine.

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

refurbs are the problem. demand a brand new unit. If the person on the phone says no, ask to speak to their supervisor, and keep going up the ladder. They have great customer service, but sometimes you have to put your foot down in regards to refurb units. If this is the 3rd one, and its still f'd up, DEMAND a brand new unit or demand your money back as well as a termination of the contract due to them sending you faulty equipment. This usually works, it has for me as well as many others on the droid forums that have had issues with refurbs. :up:

5. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

We've gotten no resolution over the phone and similar results from a rep at the store. I'm going back in tomorrow to go straight to the store manager. First the girl said the never have brand new units in store for the Incredible then when we disputed that the watermark was bad on a refurb she carted out a brand new unit to prove us wrong. Didn't really matter since the case was cracked anyway...

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

my first droid x the lower half the screen went all manotti on me. The refurbed unit they sent is slow at times and locked up twice. After I beat manotti up again, I was gonna swing by verizon to get a new one.

7. Jake300win

Jake300win Member

Get a samsung captivate or att or verizon has a version of it also way better except for the camera

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I have the incredible...never one issue at all. The thing has been rock solid.