1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom on Baghdad....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Ex CCS Racer, Mar 26, 2003.

1. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I agree with RSDad every once in a great while (maybe someday we'll actually have that drink! ;)

One thing I noticed when I was about half way through my second and last Clancy novel was that he must have a PC program where he punches in the name of the hero, his past love interest, a branch of service and/pr goverment, the bad guy's name and country and some exotic local and BAM the computer fills in the blanks, generates 900 pages and Clancy gets richer, not bad work if you can find it....

I will admit that the first thing that crossed my mind 9/11 was the story where the Jap terrorists fly the 747 into the capital. Spooky... (Or wasn't that Clancy?)

2. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I feel like a leper.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Not in my eyes. A leper is suffering from an ailment that is beyond their control. You're a few steps below them. OK, maybe a few dozen or so steps.

4. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Thank you. That is so nice of you to say. :rolleyes:

5. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Not to be critical! DaddyO' you can't be a pacifist. You enjoy kicking folks square in the nads, now don't you.;)

Oh, and here's you a sig line...

Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.

-Oscar Wilde-

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I've got all of Marcinko's(in hardback).

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Whoa. Just because I'm a pacifist doesn't rule out a little irony, chain pulling and the like to make a point or a joke here and there. ;)

I think people know that I am mostly harmless.

8. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Goes with the territory.:D Also, chain pulling is getting to easy around here. Maybe we should all push it instead.

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

See what I mean? His books are good entertainment. I mean, if you read one of his, you then read them all. Kinda like Louis La'Mour. No one reads just one. My fave was Red Cell. Favorite La'Mour book is "The Walking Drum", was isn't even a western.

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I've got the first 5 Marcinko books and pretty much like them in the order they were written ("Rogue Warrior" being my favorite).

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I've got the video with footage of some of his ops. Crazy stuff.

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I was thinking the same thing on 9/11.

IMHO, the better Clancy books are the early ones... Red October and Cardinal. Red Storm was just another fictional war novel, filled with stuff we see being used now.

13. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

[​IMG]

Just thought this was a cool pic. An A-10 taking evasive action.

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Watch it. Reading a couple of books won't keep you from getting a bubblehead ass whoopin. :p

15. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Ex CCS Racer
    Submariners are pussies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa! This is a family site. Don't you have to say "wussies"... so folks like Eric won't be offended. :eek: :)

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Not to hijack a thread but...

Last night on FX network they showed American Pie. They dubbed out the name "Shitbreak" for Fitch but didn't touch the part where the band chick(Melissa) said, "This one time at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy. Are we gonna screw sometime soon cuz I'm getting kind of antsy."

What's up with that? :confused: :p

17. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Oh my! :eek: :D

18. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

They were always scared of us when we were on board a sub....even of my skinny ass. Dorks:D

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Who's "us" and what were you doing on a submarine? ;)

20. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Diver's from another command. Maybe it was the just the rep the people on my ship had. They were a bunch of rowdy fucks in Groton. We helped with maintenance and had to be there during trials and that emergency surface blow thingy.:eek: