1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Laugh 94 Katana 600: V6 or V7?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by redciv1, Dec 20, 2008.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

I know, I know, I know the Katana 600:eek: is by no means a race bike, however the plan is to get as many track days as possible, go thru Ed Bargy and get my license. While I am waiting on my race bike I wanted to run a couple of vintage races just to get the feel for the track. I looked at the rule book and it looks like the Katana 600 would fit between V6 lightweight and V7 middleweight. But since the Katana as basically unchanged from 88, could it possible run in another class.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Back when it was new I ran the 24 hr of Nelson on a Katana. It was a very easy and fun bike to race. We finished in the top 10 overall, with it. It won't teach you any bad habits and will be fun.

Ken

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It looks like you can run it in the D classes, Formula 2, and V6 lw

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:up: Kudos to you for not getting in over your head :up:

Welcome to the hillarity that is Vintage Wera racing ;) :beer:
    You'll not regret it :)

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

When your ready, we will be waiting in V7mw. Bring lots of beer, we get really thirsty!

:beer:

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

...and the more we drink,the more lies we tell,just like a bunch of men at a barbershop :crackup:

7. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

I was at Willow back in the early 90s and someone has a Katana 600 with 1100 stuffed in it for the 24 hour. Handled like a truck I seem to remember. A few Katanas did make it to the track in their day, I say go for it! Just get a good rear shock and a GSXR front end first.

8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Doug Polen sure could make 'em go fast!

9. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Isnt there a few of these still running with us now? Seams like I remember someone running one over the last few season. Wasnt it Boz?

10. redciv1

I think I remember hearing about the 600's being stuffed with 1100 motor. I appreciate the maturity level and not flaming for the Katana.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

DOn't be too impressed yet. The maturity level plummits once you meet us in person.

12. stickboy274

We don't care what you want to ride. After you see most of our bikes, you'll see why we don't have any business giving you a hard time.

Come out and have fun. We'll find someone for you to race with

13. Venom51

Speak for yourself. Oh lord of the pink and speckled.

14. stickboy274

Don't get yer panties in a wad there wunderboy. I was talking about my junk.:Poke:

15. redciv1

LoL. You all are funny.

16. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Racing odd bikes is strangely satisfying and delightful

17. Venom51

Why yes.....yes it is.

18. redciv1

LOL, Well the only other organized racing was SCCA AutoX some years back.

19. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

If I only had a nickle for every time I've heard that... I could probably finish my FZR...

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Or sell it to me:up: