1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donations

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I would be less than honest if I were to state that I arrive at the decision to give or not to give with ease.

However, my overall numbers are down. And, every time I opt out, it gets easier. That is kind of sad.

I have arrived at a point where I question every penny I give. We will not be hypocritical in the process.

I can play the "bad guy," well. It is role I mastered a few years back.

2. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Huh?

badmoon692008 and mike574 like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Context and text introduction are so passé... :D

badmoon692008 and GixxerBlade like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think he is arguing for more taxes because fraud at the charitable org level might just have exceeded the inefficiency of having the government take their place. At least that is what I get reading between and way outside the lines.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:bow: If you ever get laid off, you should have no problem bouncing back in the archaeology field.

6. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

or a job at MSNBC, as your negativity is perfect for fake news outlets!

hawk normally says what he means...language barriers aside. he is simply stating he finds that it is easier and easier to not give to anything or anyone, the less he does it, and if he will decide not to give to one, he will not give to any. we all have value decisions to make. in the US, we are far more blessed than others in the world. giving is in the fabric of our nation. i believe that it will continue to be and it will be on a voluntary basis, not the government taking it and calling it "giving".

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a...provide-13rd-of-all-donations/article/2580876

Hawk518 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hawk knows I am kidding. He's probably one of the least pretentious individuals here and very sincere in his comments regarding charity. I find myself growing more cynical about charities as I see more and more "non profits" created simply to provide the executive staff with overpaid employment. Sadly they hurt rather than help the intended recipients.

turtlecreek likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Give to St. Jude. My fiancee works for them so I get to see the inside and they put the money to real use. It's unbelievable. One patient and her family have become good friends and the little girl that is in remission is going to be the flower girl at our wedding. She's here today because of St. Jude.

JJJerry, Lawn Dart, Orvis and 2 others like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

St Jude is being really smart about their current ads highlighting it's no cost to the patients and families, that's something I never knew before.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Does anyone else get hit up by the local school sports clubs. From baseball, soccer, wrestling etc. Kids seem to come around selling whatever or asking for sponsorship for sports club traveling to tournaments. It's never ending. at first I felt a little bad for saying no, especially when it's little kids but it's never ending. I did buy some boy scout popcorn once but everything else is a no.

11. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

:whoosh:well, I certainly missed that one. :)

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

For the most part, all these things started out well and have turned into giant monsters whos primary goal now is to feed the monster....just like governments...

My fiancee volunteers with OSPCA, Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals....a "non profit" organization whos primary goal is as its title states. She chose it after carefull research into just how $$ goes towards helping animals vs the "administrative" costs...

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have my list, f@ck everyone else who isn't on it.

If you call me and ask for it, well, double f@ck you. If you were on the list, you're off. If you're not on it, you made the list to never give to.

In Your Corner likes this.
  14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah that's one thing I didn't know either. Not only is the care free and research distributed freely, they pay for transportation and lodging for the families when they visit.

One of the Docs there is named Dr. Pui, pronounced poo-e . The kids love him

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Don't let Dave fool you everyone. He's probably one of the most charitable and benevolent people on the beeb

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck off, no money for you. :D

In Your Corner likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I won't buy any of the overpriced crap they sell. The only people doing any good on that are the people making the crap. I'd rather give them cash.

R Acree likes this.
  18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Dave, I want to thank you again for the beautiful Audi A8 that you had shipped to me. I really like it. I must say however, the extra ten grand for fuel and tires may not be enough though. I have a rather heavy foot ya know. :bow:

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I see that little has changed. The usual suspects.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I appreciate it Turtle.

To clarify or confound further, I will add that the driving for this thread is simple: if you decry how I go about the business of me, the only monies that you will see is the monies that the government redistributes.

I think that is hypocritical of individuals that decry my lifestyle or the sector that I am employed in and then expect me to provide or assist. The game is over.

turtlecreek likes this.