1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog Prayers please..

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Feb 17, 2018.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

^^This

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The cones aren't too bad, but the inflatable ring is betterer.

Funkm05 and ToofPic like this.
  3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

cone.jpg

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, sucks but sucks less than them putting themselves in more pain.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There was a movie or tv show I saw one time where they were pouring the dog food straight into the cone.

I wish I'd got a picture, but when my dog had to wear one of those, it was huge (because he's a big dog) and when he'd eat or drink, he'd lean over and put the cone square on the ground around his bowl and eat in privacy. It was HILARIOUS!

panthercity and ToofPic like this.
  6. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

My Lab needed the cone a few times. He’d be home alone with it during the day, and walk into the bathroom to get a drink. Then he’d realize that with the cone on he couldn’t get to the “porcelain spring”, and turn around to head back out, and every time the cone would catch the edge of the door and shut it. There he’d be everyday till I got home. I get home, hall bath door is shut, I open it and out he walks with a look on his face like FML...

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd have shut the bathroom door before leaving but that's just me.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Must be dog bad news week. Just got back from the vet, found out our female chocolate Lab Rosie has kidney disease. Came home with some pills and special food, she hasn't been eating good. Not looking good long term, just going to try to keep her comfortable for the last few months. Don't want to see her suffer.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:(

10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that man. ..
    Hope she's comfortable and gets lots of love

11. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Sorry to hear about your pup, glad recovery is underway, Ive had to do the cone of shame, first time I let one of my pups out early as I felt bad for him. Big mistake, another $400 to put him back under and redo what he undid. My little guys had lots of issues with the cones, getting caught in doorways, in the grass, stairs, etc, etc. But rather two or three weeks of that than having to redo surgery and then wear the cone anyway.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. ToofPic

Yeah. .He's sporting the cone when I left.
    Put him on the couch on his pillow.
    He turned his back to me and ignored me when I was leaving. :(
    As long as he heals up,he will have to endure it.

13. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

They make No Bite Collars also. I havent needed one yet but I have seen plenty of trainers using them.
    They basically look like a really wide collar. Depending on where the stitches are this may be the option that they are most comfortable with.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. ToofPic

Do you know where they are sold?
    Thanks!

15. ToofPic

16. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Amazon has a couple, not sure it they are any good.
    http://www.bitenot.net/

This looks like a popular brand. Fitment is key, if it doesn't fit right it may not work very well. A couple people gsd groups I follow prefer them over the cones.
    I tried to look on Petco or PetSmarts website but couldnt find anything with their search engine. I would think trying one on would be best. But even Walmart shows to carry them at least online.

ToofPic likes this.
  17. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Run a google image search and looks like some people are just using a belt and a towel. :crackup:

ToofPic likes this.
  18. ToofPic

The fun it would be to put that on a Cat :eek:

panthercity likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The fun would be watching someone else TRY to put that on a cat.

panthercity and ToofPic like this.
  20. ToofPic

The stitches. Looks waaay better than the shredded mess when we got to vet 2018-02-20 16.12.19.jpg