1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doesn't this in some way violate the Hippocratic Oath?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Feb 18, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

speeddaddy likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You don’t.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Zactly

Make your choices and quit bitching about the consequences.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why do I get an image of a gurney sitting on the side of a hospital corridor with you laying in it and not receiving any level of medical treatment. :D

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because you can’t conjure an image of s dumpster overflowing with biological waste?

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

But lots of people do, especially in the ER.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cite

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At what times do you act like an ass?

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Evidently when he’s not seeking any medical attention.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Which in turn leads to a need for medical attention.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, he’s pretty much an ass all the time then. :D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Precisely. Now stop being uppity.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Except when I am at the doctor's office.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You want personal experience or something published of people acting poorly in a hospital? I worked in one for 12 years and my wife has been an ICU nurse for 33 years.

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The only other person with me in the ICU during my stint in 98 was a 20-ish guy who was belligerent as hell, not agreeable to anything and demanding to be released the whole time. Long story short, he was hit by a car and had no medical insurance. Was in bad enough shape they couldn't let him go, but his financial life was ending with every hour he stayed there. Believe some sort of agreement was reached on the 2nd or 3rd day to let them treat him without him fighting, but that was a sane person just put in a bad situation. Can't imagine everyday in an ER or ICU and dealing with the number of mentally ill/drug psychosis individuals passing through on a revolving basis.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Im saying the notion of people being denied critical medical attention is far and few between and is an overblown liberal talking point to bolster the false claim that America’s healthcare system is inferior and that people can’t get medical attention. I’m sure it happens but it’s such a minor occurrence taken as a whole. People are not being denied medical help like some want to make it out to be.

But yes, show me the data that shows people getting ultimately denied and turned away from emergency services in any drastic level. I would like to see it.

17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

My lady has thick skin, even after getting BITTEN, she still took care of the patient (dementia). However, she does request to change patients when necessary.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean the cases of it happening are isolated? :crackup:

19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

thread-jack

Hippocratic oath.
    The oath of/to Hippocrates.

Hippo-crates: Greek Ιππο-κράτης

Does his name really derive from Hippos? :p:D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why don't we go to the hippodrome and ask.