1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone race a 1000rr?

Discussion in 'General' started by motobum, Aug 16, 2006.

1. motobum

motobum Well-Known Member

i am curious to see what your impressions of this bike is...

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Stable in the turns. A bit slow on turn in but not bad enough for me to care. Linear power. A bit heavier then the rest. The 04's and 05's like to be set up "flat." Not a ton of hop up parts but enough to make HP if you want. Arata makes nice stuff and is what I have on mine. Overall I like mine a lot but will probably move back to a 600 in the future.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

duhamel, and zemke race them.

i'd bet they'd race a GSXR if they could. :D

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

They race those every race, but have only really caught them once.

5. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

They can be made competitive, even the 04's. that said, it takes quite a bit of money to run at the front of an expert race with them.

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I run an '04. :) As said, it's main characteristic is stability. My MAIN gripe is that it's an absolute pig when it comes to picking it up out of a corner. I have no issues on turn in, however. I've never ridden any of the other liter bikes, so I don't really know what I'm missing though. The power is very linear, but I got walked big time at Roebling by Larry Denning on his ZX-10. Of course, I'm sure that he has some work in his bikes. I run pump gas and my engine has about 20k miles on it. LOL

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

They are lighter than the R1 and ZX-10. :D

8. motobum

motobum Well-Known Member

any pics?

9. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

I thought you were on a 600. :rolleyes:

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark. :D

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Talk to Rob Oliva at Lithium Motorsports.. he runs at or very near the fron evry weekend on one.

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The way you were pulling me, I might as well have been. :p

13. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I know I ride one for a living, but the '04 that Greg White, Derrick Dutt,the wonderful Melisa Paris, and I rode at the Cycle Jam isn't such a bad club bike. It did do the fastest lap of the endurance race on Dunlop DOT's. It has an Ohlin's shock and fork kits, pipe and Power Commander. Otherwise, cool bodywork. The bikes are definitely a bit heavy, and physically big. Power is linear to the point of feeling slow, especially compared to the power characteristics of other brands. It's is NOT outright fast, but definitely stable. One thing I like is the Pro-Link rear suspension set-up, combined with Dunlops, allows the bike to drive forward well even when spinning the tire. I think the bike also offers great front feel with the right fork settings. The one holdback for me seems to be the brakes. The '06 is better with slightly bigger brakes, but the bikes overall weight still seems to fight you on deep braking and corner entry. I would recommend biasing your riding toward getting OFF the turns well. Good luck!

JH

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

WOW...Josh Hayes...that's cool. Thanks for the pointers. :)

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Never underestimate the power of the BBS. :D :up:

16. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

now just ride that bike and quit being such a sallie:D

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that, and the fact that larry denning waaaaay so much facking faster than you with his drive off of corners. :rolleyes:

18. ScottyRock155

Go to bed. Hater. :D

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i hardly hate larry. i just get the fact that it ain't his bike that's faster than me.

tell the delusional fuckwit to go to bed. :D

20. ScottyRock155

The fact that Larry can carry 20mph more speed through turn 9 at Roebling should in no way dismiss the fact that he has "motor work" done. :D