1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Ram...economy

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Aug 15, 2006.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Pretty self explanatory, eh?:D . What are you all getting for mileage from the 5.7 2wd?
    Cheers, Lee S.

2. RDJeff

RDJeff Well-Known Member

I got 13/15 in my '03 1500 4X4. Sold it and got a Honda Ridgeline, now I get 18/22, and can haul the same load!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dodge economy is an oxymoron unless you're talking the Cummins.

4. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

My 04 f-150 w/ the 5.4 gets 17-18 on the highway , 13-14 in the city , 9-10 towing 16 ft with 3 bikes and gear (4500 lbs, est ) , about 7.5 with my 30 ft toy hauler (9500 lbs , est )

My lease is up next month and Im thinking of getting a Hemi , or GM this time.

Does anyone have some #s on pulling with these trucks ??

5. nationalchamp99

nationalchamp99 Well-Known Member

My Dodge Sprinter 2500 Passenger Van....

Worst mileage was 22...best has been 26. :up:

Plenty of room inside (doubles as a hotel at the track) and good towing capacity.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

gas or diesel (already know the answer ;) )

7. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

dodge ram

mine is an 02 1500 with a 4.7 . gets 22 with a light load. has the 5 speed stick .

8. lee955i

Doh!! Typo. I mean 4.7, gas. :crackhead: . Seems like, just with anything, numbers are all over the chart as far as economy. I'm used to the GM 4.8 l in an 03 4wd ext. cab. I looked at the ridgeline, and it's nice, if a bit small, but want away from a 4wd and I don't have $100 bills falling out of my ass, so they're out.
    I can get an 06 Ram for pretty short money (meaning i'm po:D ) so just doing some research.:up:
    Cheers, Lee S.

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I am assuming that if you are looking at the 4.7 then you are not towing anything big. If that is the case I would look at the Dakota instead of the Ram. Mostly because it is a little cheaper. I had one and got 18+ on the highway and 15 around town. Towing a 6x15 V-nose (at 70+) I got about 8.

10. lee955i

Nothing more than an open trailer with a couple of bikes on it. Need the extra room for family reasons and I don't like small trucks. Too small. Hell, I hate riding in cars. Give me roooooom:up: .
    Cheers, Lee S.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Then there are other things you have to give up, like mileage.:Poke:

Besides a Dakota is a midsized truck and the quadcab is the 4 full doors.:p

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Hell actually I would get a minivan for that setup then. Ride in comfort. :up:

13. lee955i

Nice to see you're comfortable in your manhood:Poke: :D .
    Cheers, Lee S.