1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do peacocks bite?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I was walking upstairs and the wife took this picture, and was like “look up”. It was a peacock just sitting there.

They are all over this place. We were in a Food Court area and I felt something brush my leg, and looked down and it was a peacock walking past me. He looked up at me like “excuse me, got someplace to be” and kept walking. :D

I wanna try to pet them today, but I’ve seen videos of some birds/ducks being assholes. Are peacocks like that? If I try to play with them or pick them up, will they get pissed and try to bite?

60EC45C4-6264-4807-A947-716EEF8D88A7.jpeg

MikeR, jd41, TurboBlew and 1 other person like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Highly venomous. Half your body will remain swelled so that you will never look symmetrical again. They are like the poison dart frog of the Amazon. The brighter the colors the more potent the venom.

vfrket likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Here we go... :crackup:

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dude, you do know shirts come in sizes larger than extra-medium, right? :Poke:

Chris, MikeR, badmoon692008 and 9 others like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

When they are nesting or mating. Other than that...no.

6. That’s actually an XL. :moon:

pscook likes this.
  7. Venom51

Yeah but when you get them out of the pre-teens section of the store it's still a small shirt. :D

Chris, MikeR, badmoon692008 and 10 others like this.
  8. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

they're basically avant garde designer pheasants. they can bite and peck at you, but if they're typical domesticated ones you can pet them as you can domestic turkeys. but hold your finger out as if it were a worm and you'll probably get tested to see if you're a worm or not

9. WTF. :crackup:

I think might be bullshit, but I don’t know enough about birds to be sure.

So I’m going to assume it is bullshit and try to play with them anyway. :D

badmoon692008 and Venom51 like this.
  10. Venom51

Then hold your worm out and see if they know the difference between that and your finger.

11. I don’t know what anything in that first sentence means. Is that just different words for “bigass birds”? :crackup:

But the rest makes sense. :D

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

So this is the mentality of how humans are attacked by animals!

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. sdg

sdg *

You really are something else

ekraft84 likes this.
  14. Ive always felt that is how I will go. I’ll come home to a bear or mountain lion in the yard and try to play with it and get eat.

My favorite things are the wildlife reserves where they have buffaloes and moose’s and oxes and deers and shit, and they come up to you and you can feed them and pet them. One day I’ll come across a hippo and try to play with it and get trampled to death.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Beatdown of epic proportions.

MGM and Gorilla George like this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

@dsapsis will be along shortly to speak with you.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know if they bite but they are jerks. They are like UFC fans, cross fitters and road cyclists at the bar. Mostly harmless but you HAVE to pay attention to them or they squawk louder.

brex likes this.
  18. 9C6708F8-ACBA-4B30-8C99-62DBD057232E.jpeg This is the one that bumped into my leg as he walked by. There are people around everywhere, sitting in those chairs, etc...and he just walks around not giving a shit.

I want to try to pick them up today.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like old nekkid guys in the locker room at the gym? :D

20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

My neighbors have 3, they wake you out of a sound sleep at night when they crow or whatever you call it, sounds like a small child crying for help
    Kind of getting used to it now though
    They have 3 donkeys also, those things are a trip in the sounds they make too