1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I sell my street bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Aug 26, 2016.

?

Do I sell the street bike?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I wonder why anyone would EVER sell a bike. If you liked the layout of her chassis, the gleam in her eye, and the curve of her thigh ... Once they are paid for, it only costs you the space to keep them.
    Only reason to sell one is because it is not the kind of riding you enjoy, and i have to wonder how you ended up in that relationship !
    Let that Old girl hang around, you might decide she is worth taking to lunch one sunday, and she might decide to make you smile. (Again !)

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yamaha IT 465 ... Baby serial killer. Much more user friendly. Not the rodeo bull ride the CR500 is .:beer:

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Actually you're wrong on that. In the eye of the beholder, bikes get better with age. Even if you haven't ridden it in 3 years, it's just the fact that this thing sitting here gave you so much joy, unconditional smiles. You respect it. You actually have a relationship with it. It's in your soul.

Keep them.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  4. No.

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Sold my race bike this week. Street bike, 08 Kawasaki Versys, is on the market as well.
    Had a buyer look at it a few days back. He thought it was too 'old.'
    Well I hadn't ridden it since last fall. Put your n a new battery and went for a spin. Best street street bike I have ever owned. It has hard bags, Stickboy Stones, and GP shift. Perfect mid-range for the street plus plenty of top speed. And a Corbin seat - can ride all day!
    SO, even tho we could use the $$$, Kathy looked at me last night and asked: 'do you really want to sell it?'
    My answer: No!'
    So afraid 2 months from now I will miss having a street bike. Perfect bike for me. Would cost dbl the money to find a bike this 'right' for me.
    Can't race any longer, but have found the peace to ride again.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Odd thread, but Dave K delivered the laughs this morning...:beer::crackup:

7. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

IT-465 Yamaha

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And the CR500's were kinda like Mother Theresa when compared to the KX500's. Especially the newer CR's that Honda made "more rideable". Typical Kawi stuff. More motor and less suspension...
    I had a KX500 that I sold after it hurt me good several times. I would flinch just walking past it because I knew that it was sentient and plotting my demise.
    Every time I see one of those evil green bastards I regret the day I sold mine and that was over 25 years ago...:(

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A KX500 is something different. It's a dude twirling around with it's weiner tucked wearing a suit made from the skin of motorcrossers.

I had a Husaberg big bore that once tried to kill me when I just walked past it. I turned sideways while walking past it and it fell off the stand and pinned me to the floor for a good bit. It was worse riding it through the woods. It didn't turn when you were heading for a tree and just tried to panzer through. I kind of miss that bike now that I think about it.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:I had the opportunity to get my ass kicked by a Husaberg 570 one time. Those were an entirely different animal. Fast as hell but ya, they kinda turned with all of the agility of a cruise ship unless you were a big guy that could just muscle it where you wanted it.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, I had to stand on a milk crate to get on the seat and even in the seat and the suspension compressed I needed that crate near by to get off again. :crackup: Imagine a pedrosa sized dude riding a kicked in the nuts bull through a NE pine forest while crying, screaming and cursing, you got a good start.

What's funny I got it from my brother who got it in trade for some stone work and <drum roll here> a tombstone.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

LOL. The guy who owned the Husaberg I rode was a 6'3", 250sh lb blockhead that has a bunch of ISDE medals hanging on his wall from between 1994 and 2005 so needless to say it was a bit stiff for me at a whopping 165lbs so I think the main difference between our experiences was location. I am 6' though so I did not need the milk crate...:D
    Trading an open classer for a tombstone is pretty awesome though.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Have an 08 Gixxer 600. Hasn't moved in 3 years. Bought a road King and ride the crap out of it. Simply lost interest for sport bikes on the street. I get my fill at the track and can actually ride them in anger

BigBird likes this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The answer to "should I buy ?" is always : "YES".
    The answer to "should I sell ?" is always : "NO".
    The answer to all life's questions is : "ride more motorcycles".

erick1670 likes this.
  15. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

:stupid:

I said no.... keep it.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I said sell...got a 2000 R1 that I rode once last year, even after a full carb rebuild, shock and fork service, new chain/sprockets.....all that and only rode it once. I'm more pissed at me than the bike it's just that the FZ-09 suits me more so it's my go-to bike. Have 2 old FJ's, a RZ350 and a candy CB400F that sit a lot too. Need to thin the herd. Already sold a CBX and a FJR.

17. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I have 5 bikes in the garage just because people offer what I spend on a race weekend. I rather see them there than give it away for grand or two.

Only problem is explaining to your wife when you buy another bike.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My 06 CBR600F4i is just over 82,000miles, had her since new. I just sent the head to Evan Steel for a slight re-fresh. Between that and the suspension and brake rebuilds I'm doing at the same time I could buy a new [to me] newer bike, but I love mine. She's a keeper.