1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I sell my street bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Aug 26, 2016.

?

Do I sell the street bike?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I got an older gen r6. Used it for dual duty, it's registered and insured, haven't started it this year. It's sits in the corner covered up. I might ride it someday. It's not worth much, it's paid for, I don't need the money.

BigBird likes this.
  2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

....and I have a set of AK GAS forks and a Penske triple, fresh and ready to go with it...Oh, and non crashed HB's race bodywork w/new clear screen.....and a matching white/silver tank from an 08.

Helluva package deal can be had.

BHP41 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Look at it this way, Steeltoe has never used his penis (at least for it's intended purpose) but he didn't get rid of it.

sanee, L8RSK8R and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

True, but not being able to ride it once you sold it is even more painful.

I put 10k miles on my duc the fist year. 2k the second, 1k the third. ... Life, circumstances and attitudes change, but getting rid of a bike? Maybe in an emergency...

crashman likes this.
  5. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

Don't need the extra cash - absolutely love the bike but would much rather ride the tack on the beat up 600 lol.

Also - I don't think a track day 1k would be in my wheelhouse - NYST where I ride is pretty short and technical so I would probably mop up the 1k

I agree that once it's sold I would regret it....I guess these are good problems to have lol

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm in a McDonalds right now having breakfast and busted out laughing at this. Got a couple of strangers looking at me. LOL

L8RSK8R likes this.
  7. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

If you don't need the money or the space, might as well keep it if you're conflicted about the subject.

I struggled with the same situation earlier this year. I decided to drop the insurance, drain the gas and mothball the bike in the garage under a cover. I don't know what I'll ever do with it. Seems like every time I go out on the street I end up carrying on like a complete asshole so this is more about self preservation than anything else for me.

8. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Trade it for a 2017 and then give us a full review

BigBird likes this.
  9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Have had a number of bike in the last 15yrs. Always sold and got another. Last one I bought was a 2011 Ninja 1000, new off the showroom floor. This year I have put less than 100 miles on it, for a grand total of 3500 miles since new. I have it listed for sale, but only at a number that would make me happy. If it does not sell, I will not regret having it available to go for a ride every now and then. And I have had a couple of offers for $100 less than what I want, and turned them down. I am not short or storage space, and not desperate for the money.

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:Sorry Toe ... But that's funny !

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Actually if you sold it and got something more street friendly it may be more enticing to ride the street. I know going from my zx6r to a ninja 650 on the street made it much easier and less tiring to rack up miles out there. Actually it was really fun and then I met Grom...both have different purposes though

madkaw likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

I had a buddy stop by place and was checking out my motorcycle collection . He is looking over my 1981 IT 465 , and said , why don't you sell this thing ? You never ride it . ( it has been sitting two years , old gas and everything) I walk over to it , one kick ( no shit ) Ring..Ding, Ding, Ding .. I hop on and crank off a monster wheelie down the block ... Same thing back . Huge Smile , that's why ! :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sounds like Steeltoe. He takes his wing wang out of the factory wrapping, kick starts it with an old issue of Topless Trucker Chicks, wheelies it a few times and then puts the factory shrink wrap back on it and puts it away.

14. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

:flag:

I've got a CR500 like that.

Attached Files:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Keeping a CR500 in the garage is like letting a serial killer use your basement. Nothing might be going on right now but you know it's planning to try and kill you in horrible ways.

Still. . . FIERCE! :cool:

colin96, L8RSK8R, Torn7th and 2 others like this.
  16. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

DaveK is on a roll today. And 'Toe is on the receiving end of most of the midget drop kicks to the knee caps.

Metalhead likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'toe pees sitting down.

Metalhead likes this.
  18. motoracer1100

My 2000 CR 500 is on one side and a 2000 DR 650 on the other side of the 465 . I like big and crazy !
    Serial Killers aren't so bad if you sleep with one eye open:D:beer:

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, you got a serial killer and trailer park fat chick running low on Skoal and close to a nic fit.

I'd question your sanity but once again, FIERCE!

465?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  20. Sell it. Unridden bikes don't get better with age.

Lavana likes this.