1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I sell my street bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Aug 26, 2016.

?

Do I sell the street bike?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

Here's the deal - I own a K8 1000 mint that is barely ridden due to spending most of my riding time at the track on my K8 600 (track only).

Question is - do I sell the street bike (no payments - own outright) or keep is because once I sell it I will regret it...

Marc16S1000rr likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you need the money?

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not like you can't get another if you want one.

Chaplain45 likes this.
  4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

No. Turn it into a track bike also. :D

Chaplain45 and flygirl like this.
  5. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

U dont ride it so its not being used. Things u dont use you have no need for. Sell it and by more tracktime/tires.

Will9465 likes this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

To paraphrase an old Mens Warehouse ad:

"What's the most expensive motorcycle in your garage? The one you never ride".

Chaplain45 and Phl218 like this.
  8. I say keep it. It doesn't cost you anything and you might want to ride it.

That's where I am with the RSV4. It is fully paid for (I don't finance toys, so it has been paid for since day one). I've thought about selling it, but I've got about $26k tied up in it and even though it has never been crashed and only had 2600mi on it, I'd be lucky to get back half of what is in it.

So I have kept it.

madkaw likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What he said.

and the point of life is to die with ALL the cool toys not sell the ones you don't use. You should buy another street bike!

BigBird likes this.
  10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They shot that show in your house, didn't they? Makes total sense.

12. ton

ton Arf!

the longer you wait, the less you're going to get from me when i buy it off you :clap:

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Whachoo talkin bout Willis?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Only if you replace it with something that is from this century in terms of technology since Suzuki is all about the BNG

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I rarely regret stuff I buy, but I usually regret stuff I sell.

Keep it.

BigBird, turbulence and mike574 like this.
  16. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

If you don't need the money keep it. Always better to have it even if you only ride it once a year.

BigBird likes this.
  17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I have a couple bikes and barely rode my 03 sv650s on the street, reserving it for mostly trackdays as it was getting uncomfortable, me being almost 50 yrs old. Due to a divorce trackdays stopped for lack of money, but I held on to it as long as I could. I had to let it go due to a big tax on cashing a 401k in the divorce. I hated like hell to let it go. Felt like I was letting the best dog I ever had go. I had no choice being as I had another bike I used for street time and needed the money.
    So, I say, if you don't need the money...keep it. Nobody else's opinion matters even if you don't use it. I wish I still had mine. Trust me, you will miss it.

RedReplicant and Metalhead like this.
  18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So $11k buys it? Send details/pics please. :D

I am 1/2 serious though. Now that I have a Tuono, ive aspirations of tracking an RSV

L8RSK8R likes this.
  19. Eh, probably would to be honest. I always said I'd never sell it for less than $14, but if somebody handed me $11k I'd probably sell it.

Sabre699 and L8RSK8R like this.
  20. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

I got a R6 I paid 16k after finance and interest (I'm not Broome)in 06 it has 40k miles it's prolly worth $3500 no way in hell im taking a loss like that il watch it rot or ride it once every 2 years around the block before I sell it