1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:crackup:

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I haven't experienced it personally, but I have observed the cost of raising kids seems to increase with divorce, at least based on what opposing attorneys seem to demand. And then there is the obvious maintaining a second home. So while there are cost regardless, to think that there are not increases is a bit naive.

DmanSlam and cav115 like this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This is my version of a simple life. I also used to have stupid money, blondes 5x per week, ferraris etc. I learned a lot in those days and am happy now putting miles on my POS bikes and camping on the ground when I can, wherever that may be. All my life I’ve had women sponging off off me, under the guise of love. I knew it. It was worth it. Still get more pleasure rolling thru Albania on my $2500 bike than any of that. I love fun tickets!

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Like Acree said....split homes, two beds, two of everything between the two houses. And while I'm way more than fine paying for his needs while my son is in my house.
    I'm not fine with paying for anything that goes on in her house. She's an IT professional like I am with her own six figure income...so she's a "Strong Woman" until it's time
    for that check to show up.....then she needs me......I do NOT need her.

We essentially have the same education, not my fault she chose a lesser paying career path.

zx6rfool likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gotta STRONGLY evaluate the edit window on this one. Lol

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My naivete' is not the issue. Perhaps my use of "reductio ad absurdum" was misplaced with this crowd, but the poster I quoted has shown a tendency to beat the horrors of marriage and divorce to death, while continuing to assert that he is the only human in the world to sacrifice everything in the world and his life for the benefit of his son (note my use of hyperbole). Not only is he vitriolic with respect to the mother of his child, but continues to snipe and call out the behavior of the mother of Pickled Egg's children, to the point that it is certainly counter productive in my eyes and perhaps the perceptions of others. I find this particularly unattractive, since his posts in other threads lead me to believe that he is a genuinely good guy with whom I would probably like to have a beer. I think the anger at his ex has deeply hurt him and I hope he can eventually let it go.

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No, I'm not the only human to sacrifice everything for my son, I just wish his Mom wasn't so self-centered. I'll never forgive her for trying to use the Court system and mental health professionals to try to build a case against me to monopolize her custody of him, and it was simply so she'd get a bigger check.
    I don't see an issue with that, and I never will. To her credit, she can afford a good breakfast for him before school. At least I know some of my "support" money's going to that. The actual divorce process is over for us. It's now 7 years in the rear view mirror. She's a minor annoyance only because I see how
    my son has to deal with her nonsense. Some of the things he's said, when I'm not around about her is pretty damning.

Like his racing....he raced last Saturday at a track that's 20 minutes from our houses. I would not say one mean word to her there. She's NEVER come to even watch him one time. That's HIS
    passion. I support it 100 percent. I also supported him playing the violin in third grade 100 percent, and chorus in 4th grade. I know the influence to race comes from me, but for f's sake...could she even just show up and cheer just a little?

At his football games, she's off in the corner away from everyone with her headphones on from her phone watching Hulu. If Alex made a great defensive play, she'd not have a clue. She's just there so she can leave when it's over. I can see that at practice....I mean it's practice...but GAME DAY?

First grade, he had to recite a poem. He asked me if Mommy was coming. I said, "Not sure Buddy, but I know I'll be there."....he answered, "Yeah Dad, I know, you're always there."

The best was when I crashed her family reunion with him because she lied to him about "might get called into work" on that Saturday and didn't want her parents to be "stuck" watching him if she did get called. Her Mom called me later and asked me to bring him to the reunion.
    I was happy to. Watching her and her sister and cousins squirm like the rats they are was priceless. Her oldest son thought it was hilarious.

She's a unique type of self-centered that's unlike anyone I've ever met. NONE of this showed itself prior to the day we got married.....then it was like someone flipped a switch, or the breaker went out. Her first husband had a very similar experience....we discussed it after her and I split. He kept to himself
    prior because he was hoping somehow it would work out. Paul is one SUPER nice guy, too. He needs something and I can help.....all he's gotta do is call.

I'll say something nice about Yarn.....I do not think she's THAT self-centered. As others have said...she's damaged, for sure. But, I'm sure she'd show up and cheer at her daughter's events.

My divorce dragged out 18 months. That was exhausting. I cannot imagine that hanging over me for twice that time like Egg Vs Yarn. And the central theme to my WHOLE point with her is to get stop with the expensive, exhausting and time consuming complaints and battles and court dates and hearings.
    Egg's a great father. Seen it in person with my own eyes. He adores those girls. I started off encouraging Yarn to rethink her "ME ME ME" motorcycle trip and use this precious window of opportunity that is before the kids are 10 to focus her resources on them and her time with them....because once that 10 year window is
    gone, you cannot get it back. Their focus changes and you are no longer the center of their universe. Again, it was sharing my parental lessons learned since I'm a little further down that road. A friendly "Heads up" thing.

So it stands....let it be done with....slam the gavel..sign the papers and it goes from a boiling pot to simmer...and everyone's lives, including the kids lives, has some tranquility.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Some people are just born to be miserable.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dumbass didn't learn the first time? But this is some next-level cold...

[​IMG]

cha0s#242, tony 340, RichB and 5 others like this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

These checks bring back a funny memory of when my Dad was alive.
    His wife at the time ordered him rainbow checks,not knowing they were gay pride checks.
    He would frequent a nursery for lawn supplies and pay for materials with his new checks.
    The man that always rang him up was a gay man.
    He constantly called my dad baby, darling, sweetie.
    He would come home mad as hell cause this guy keeps flirting with him.
    I finally had to tell him about his Pride checks:crackup::crackup:

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep .. rolling through Albania all you need is tweezers and Nair ... :D

R Acree likes this.
  15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

100%. I had an 22 year old brain and made 22 year old decisions, resulting in a child, poor career options at the time, and being pretty goddamn poor until I was around 30. Now, I’m far from rich but I have no bills other than taxes and utilities, and no debt except for a tiny mortgage. I’m well set up for retirement, and my financial life is very comfortable. I keep it simple, and that’s what works for me. Yeah, I’d like to ball out like some of the dudes on here but I can pretty much buy what I want, and that’s enough for me.

tony 340, Gino230, wsmc42 and 4 others like this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's a good place to be. Statistically you have positioned yourself in a place that 85% of the rest of the population of the country has not and mostly won't figure out how to get themselves there. That's about a baller as you need to be.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    tony 340, Gino230, Scotty87 and 2 others like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Funny that you picked that number. It certainly surprised me to learn that 15% of households are 1 million plus net worth. :confused:

18. Venom51

It wasn't an accident. As I have bothered to spend time in my laters years dealing with our retirement planning those are stats I've read a few done times. Here's the one that scares me to death...69% percent of households don't have a $1000 dollars in savings. That's a terrifying thought.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Interesting too that the 1 mill seems to be the minimum number of bankable cash that a fifty something can POSSIBLY squeak by on an die at the same time as his check book. IF you don't get hospital seriously sick.

20. Venom51

A million dollar networth isn't what it once was and that's why we were having the "Millionaire" discussion. Hell it won't be long before a starter home and some reasonable savings will put you in the millionaire networth category. The problem is when most people think millionaire they think that only pertains to folks like Hollywierdos, political scum and a handful of people. They often don't associate it with someone who has managed to pay off the mortgage on a $400k home and save $600k in 401k, HSA and other investments.

That's not a guy with 3 Ferraris, a yacht and private plane.

tony 340, beac83, Gino230 and 3 others like this.