1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabled Vets Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Mar 16, 2018.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Fellow racers and riders. I'm doing a two day 120 mile handcycle ride from Valley Forge, PA to Gettysburg, PA in late April. This ride mainly benefits disabled veterans. It's a big event but will be my first time participating. I know it will be a massive challenge to complete both days but I've been working my mileage up and plan to finish both days. I am fundraising for this worthy cause. I'd like to ask you to please donate to this cause. I've provided the link to make donating an easy process. Thank you.

https://www.wtsevent.org/faceofamerica/support/#JoeP

This post is Sean approved.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nice Joe! This is awesome!

50Joe likes this.
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Donated.

motoboy and 50Joe like this.
  4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Donated. Enjoy the ride!

50Joe likes this.
  5. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

Donated

6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Donated.

If possible, as the event draws closer, post up details of your route, ETAs, times, etc. If for nothing else, and if I can swing the time, I might venture a road trip in support.

Best of luck to you Joe on your journey and your mission.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Done!

8. TZ250lover

TZ250lover Well-Known Member

Done. Thanks for doing the hard part!

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

This link provides more details on the event. There are two routes. I'm doing the longer/hillier route that leaves from Valley Forge. My longest single day thus far has been 63 miles on a relatively flat route. Two 60 mile days with elevation will be killer but there is no way I'm not going to do the whole route both days.

https://worldteamsports.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Face-of-America-2018-Promo.pdf

joec and pjzocc like this.
  10. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Donated. Good Luck Joe!

50Joe likes this.
  11. Send me a text to remind me to donate :)

50Joe likes this.
  12. motoboy

Joe has met his fundraising goal, but the overall goal still needs donors.

13. I’ll do it right now. I got all the way to the end a few days ago and my wallet was out in my car. Love you joe but not enough to go out in the freezing rain. On pit wall, for sure but not at home :)

50Joe likes this.
  14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

A little over one week left to donate. Help me to at least break $1k. Just got the route sheets and I'll be riding 136.3 miles and 6400 feet of elevation over 2 days. Many thanks to those that have already given. For those that don't know, I am doing this event on a handcycle due to my T7 level paralysis. Money raised goes to helping disabled veterans. I'm not a veteran but I feel compelled to help my disabled friends who have served.

joec and Shenanigans like this.
  15. motoboy

Good luck, Joe!

16. motoboy

I can't find results. How did it go?

17. motoboy

Never mind, found it on Strava. Good job! I always hated Contis.

50Joe likes this.
  18. motoboy

Did you write up a race report?

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It wasn't a race but a big fundraising ride for disabled vets. I was the only handcyclist from Valley Forge to Gettysburg. All other adaptive riders (30) opted for the much easier Arlington to Gettysburg route. There were about 40 upright riders on my route and over 400 on the easier route.

joec, motoboy and Shenanigans like this.
  20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Kick ass!!!

50Joe likes this.